Ivanhoe dirt jumps need few seconds of your time

why have the builders abandoned them?
i'd say it's cause the builder invited a heap of people for a jam before they got destroyed, now they're staying and a heap more people know about them.
seems a bit weird to me as well, but bmxer's can be pretty sensitive about who knows about and rides at their trails.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
that is just weird

i'd say it's cause the builder invited a heap of people for a jam before they got destroyed, now they're staying and a heap more people know about them.
seems a bit weird to me as well, but bmxer's can be pretty sensitive about who knows about and rides at their trails.
Thanks 756- a bit weird, you sh!tting me- thats nuts- what a waste. There are only a few people who can ride them anyway........ doesnt matter how many people know about them.

L3onell- how do you feel about this- wasnt it you that promoted the ride weekend. How do the builders feel about your actions- perhaps you jumped the gun abit- alittle premature

So perhaps others will now go in and remodel them into something sustainable and accessible for others (more than 3).

L3ONNOEL

Likes Dirt
Thanks 756- a bit weird, you sh!tting me- thats nuts- what a waste. There are only a few people who can ride them anyway........ doesnt matter how many people know about them.

L3onell- how do you feel about this- wasnt it you that promoted the ride weekend. How do the builders feel about your actions- perhaps you jumped the gun abit- alittle premature

So perhaps others will now go in and remodel them into something sustainable and accessible for others (more than 3).
I helped promote it yes, but I asked the builder before hand and he said it was fine

He did suggest deleting the thread recently due to the shitstorm going on in it, it's not helping anything. Trouble is can you even delete threads?

Big JD

Wheel size expert
I helped promote it yes, but I asked the builder before hand and he said it was fine

He did suggest deleting the thread recently due to the shitstorm going on in it, it's not helping anything. Trouble is can you even delete threads?
you can have a thread closed mate but this one doesnt warrant it- we have all moved on from calling each other d!cks. I want to understand what has been allowed, what the responsibilities are for them to remain and whether you guys care now. If something was promised and you aint going to deliver- it looks bad for the future ideas/plans/relationships.

This aint a sh!tstorm. There are people who are generally interested in the area (including the jumps) and improving the relationship with key stakeholders. I was stoked to hear that the council said yes for you guys and find it odd that you all pack up and go............ just aint so underground and cool anymore or something. So be it.

Just looking for some details mate- shame you are left holding everything

L3ONNOEL

Likes Dirt
you can have a thread closed mate but this one doesnt warrant it- we have all moved on from calling each other d!cks. I want to understand what has been allowed, what the responsibilities are for them to remain and whether you guys care now. If something was promised and you aint going to deliver- it looks bad for the future ideas/plans/relationships.

This aint a sh!tstorm. There are people who are generally interested in the area (including the jumps) and improving the relationship with key stakeholders. I was stoked to hear that the council said yes for you guys and find it odd that you all pack up and go............ just aint so underground and cool anymore or something. So be it.

Just looking for some details mate- shame you are left holding everything
As I said before, the builder is moving because of all the people that know about them now (specially all the fluro scooter kids/people from local skate parks with stolen bikes) because they come and destroy them. Someone came in and graffitied all over the jumps which adds to his reason to move

yiannos18

Likes Dirt
As I said before, the builder is moving because of all the people that know about them now (specially all the fluro scooter kids/people from local skate parks with stolen bikes) because they come and destroy them. Someone came in and graffitied all over the jumps which adds to his reason to move
just skimming through this thread (alright, I spent the better chunk of an hour on here..) and in regard to you saying that the builder is moving on because of vandalism...
maybe he should stay and rebuild, with the original 'owner' (I still don't understand these rules, honestly) and produce a set of jumps that don't appeal to the 'fully sick bro homg I'm gonna clear this hektik jump on my scooter with its flashing wheels' crowd? Remember, school holidays are coming up too, there will be a lot of them around.
Almost all us mtbers who ride the yarra trails understand the whole council-parks-riders-general public battle, we've been going through it for a long time now. Myself and quite a few others are lobbying Parks for legalisation of trails both up at Candlebark Park & Plenty Gorge, so we can build and maintain trails that will suit the guidelines of sustainability, as well as being fun for riders, with more skilled options available to those with appropriate skills. It's all swings and roundabouts trying to get approval for this and given Parks has limited resources (how many times have you seen the ranger?), they're generally more inclined to say no, unless you give them a reason to say yes to the approval and legalisation of jumps. However, if you can prove that these jumps actually appeal to a significant enough group of users in the park, they do become much more reasonable. I know you DJers don't like this, but hey, its a case of do you want your jumps or not?
Do the right thing, follow up with appropriate land managers and most of all, don't be cocks about it. That sort of attitude won't get you anywhere.
You've got the opportunity now that they're aware, do it properly.

P.s. Rangers read threads like this, just saying. :spy:

VW NUT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Do any of you guys actually know the old builders and the new builder?

I can see what people are saying but have a chat to the guys on the shovel.

Did any of your ride vison or BNR?

Big JD

Wheel size expert

VW- I have met the old builders (not that old- like mid 30s or something)and have met a few others in the area- but not the new bloke- but L3eonell knows them- be good to open dialogue and see what can be done with this "opportunity"

We are all there to help

atschool

Likes Bikes
Have you seen the graffitied jumps first hand or is this what the builder told you?

L3ONNOEL

Likes Dirt
Well now it seems he is still going to build them... And they apparently are there to stay for good now. Which is good....... and confusing

I don't know what to say really, if you've got questions ask and I'll see what I can find out!

Have you seen the graffitied jumps first hand or is this what the builder told you?
Multiple photos

Last edited:

VW NUT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The blue pant sprayed the jumps has been and gone. (Some faggy fashion people or some crap)

I think instead of moaning about stuff get all your constructive ideas together and approach the council about rebuilding the jumps next to the tennis courts.

Rob_74

Likes Dirt

I met a guy there, Adam about 2 months ago who said he was the (new) builder and was the only one digging there. Not sure how you reach him, I asked him if he was on here and he said he didnt even have a computer or access to the net...

Big JD

Wheel size expert
let them go for it

I think I finally get it. I am starting to understand this whole thing. Sorry Im old.

I visited the jumps today and they are really good............. way beyond me. I visited some other builders and it is insane what these guys are doing. BMX needs an outlet and I wouldn't expect them to tone it down or sanitise it.

When we get our shit together with the council for the tennis court area we would love your input and assistance. If anyone has or can get things rolling with council- that would be great. I would like to use the higher ground up to the road to get some elevation and speed and incorporate jumps, gaps, berms, pumps and various lines for various skills.

I should not have given you guys such a hard time- it just seemed like you were given the opportunity you wanted and then ditched the whole idea. You are still fucking weirdos with your chains and secret squirrel anti knobby tyre rules but I respect what you are doing.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
I think I finally get it. I am starting to understand this whole thing. Sorry Im old.

I visited the jumps today and they are really good............. way beyond me. I visited some other builders and it is insane what these guys are doing. BMX needs an outlet and I wouldn't expect them to tone it down or sanitise it.

When we get our shit together with the council for the tennis court area we would love your input and assistance. If anyone has or can get things rolling with council- that would be great. I would like to use the higher ground up to the road to get some elevation and speed and incorporate jumps, gaps, berms, pumps and various lines for various skills.

I should not have given you guys such a hard time- it just seemed like you were given the opportunity you wanted and then ditched the whole idea. You are still fucking weirdos with your chains and secret squirrel anti knobby tyre rules but I respect what you are doing.
Pump track....yes please! Small line for old dudes like me and the kids I often see in there just giving it a go...needs it. The rest....go sik!

L3ONNOEL

Likes Dirt
Do you have a link to said photos or can you post them up?
No idea where I saw them but I did see it

The blue pant sprayed the jumps has been and gone. (Some faggy fashion people or some crap)
I think instead of moaning about stuff get all your constructive ideas together and approach the council about rebuilding the jumps next to the tennis courts.
It was yellow tagging (peoples names with squiggles everywhere), have't seen any blue paint
I met a guy there, Adam about 2 months ago who said he was the (new) builder and was the only one digging there. Not sure how you reach him, I asked him if he was on here and he said he didnt even have a computer or access to the net...
He has Facebook but he isn't on that often because I think he uses his phones internet only

That is okay