If you have a beard, guess what...., you're an idiot.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
i understand you are implying they are merely fashion sheep, but really... who cares?
Ah, I'm not implying anything, I'm stating it very clearly. But, essentially, I agree with you. It shits me that it shits me.

However, given the choice between a world of insecure fashion victims or stylish, self-confident people, I'll take the latter.

It shits me that I don't get to make that choice.

oriion

Likes Dirt
I never grew a beard until i was discharged from the Army, and the only reason i still have one 20 years later is to cover some nasty shrapnel scarring that is pretty horrible.

Is it ok for me Johnny to keep mine?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
When I got out of the army I didn't shave for months because I fucking hate shaving.

But as to your question, I think you can answer that yourself given that, as I've said, I'm really talking about fashion trends rather than the beards themselves. The beards are just an extreme example of people being completely reliant on others telling them how to behave.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
i totally get beards, nothing to do with the look of them, simply because i CANT BE ARSED SHAVING. i'd grow one for sure if i thought i'd get away with it, but the wife says she'll grow as much hair on her legs and underarms as i do on my face so a couple of days of stubble is about as far as i'm prepared to go.

i need that maintained growth to look anything remotely close to my actual age. if i shave i instantly look half my age.
you're not one of those that shaves the neck and squares off the growth are you? that shit i just cant get my head around, why go to all that trouble just to look like you dont give a crap? its like the worst of both worlds, an itchy neck, complaints about the pash rash and you still have to spend all that time in front of the mirror :crazy:

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
I had a beard. I don't think I was more idiotic then than now. But I did get sick of knocking back the women. A man is not a machine.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
you're not one of those that shaves the neck and squares off the growth are you? that shit i just cant get my head around, why go to all that trouble just to look like you dont give a crap? its like the worst of both worlds, an itchy neck, complaints about the pash rash and you still have to spend all that time in front of the mirror :crazy:
nope. i hate shaving too, so in the shower i just run over my face with a stubble trimmer in one hand while i wash my balls with the other.

ADD

Likes Dirt
Johnny if this is the biggest thing on your mind then I guess you're winning at life.

My opinion on the latest fashion of beards is it's a great thing. Before then it was the hairless metrosexual that was in fashion. Beard fashion is encouraging young men to explore being a man instead of exploring being a woman.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Sounds like Johnny got picked on by someone with a beard!
Nope, just shocked and dismayed how many weak and mindless people surround me.

Again, it's not the beard, it's the fashion victims that grow lumberjack beards because other people do.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Yeah let's never follow trend we might as well all go back and wear the toga.
I have a trimmed beard closer but less agressive as the first pictures. A Beard is a style though It should be a image of you or at least just purely be a decision you choose because you want a beard not because everyone else has one. Ultimately its still you who picks up the razor.

But lets be serious though as social changes occur so do our wants, we could argue everything we do is not our own decision while we have a decison on what to participate in ultimately all decisions tend to be one of the social Flow. Whether a minority or majority you follow some trend. You follow a trend of none beard growers. Really everything we do is influence by our culture.

Who cares if someone wants a massive beard whats wrong with it?

Maybe I'm not old and grumpy enough to understand the thread.
Why so much hate?

How does tend make someone weak?
It means they keep up with society if you don't keep up you fall behind. Maybe youre weak because you don't want to change? Your inability to change is weak haha. Just to flip it around. :p

Last edited:

binner

Hath shat hymself
Good read there Johnny,as usual..........

I agree somewhat, I a m kinda getting tired of being served at a pub or brew house by a dude with the hair growth and coca cola black rimmed glasses with clear lenses inserted.....I'm not going to carry on ...I was also thinking about in the future when all these people with tatts and sailor tatts grow old and explain to their kids etc..... I think the new black should be fresh cleanskins, I don't think I've seen a cleanskin for many months now.......

Thanks for the read Johnny......

indica

Serial flasher
You are a fashion victim.
Johnny, sometimes I respect your opinion.
Now I do not.
It seems you are jealous because you cannot grow a beard of your own. Beards are okay, saying one type is and the other is odd... perhaps you should go and paint some of your horrid grafitti and get your little worshippers to say how good it is so you can feel better about your rainy afternoon?

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
I'm growing a beard, 6 weeks in... It's awesome....

Eat a bag .....

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Yeah this is a load of BS

Mr johnnycakes is just stirring the shit pot.

Definitely got a point regarding trendy hipsters growing beards, but majority of beard owners have nill to do with this!