If you have a beard, guess what...., you're an idiot.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
despite my dislike of the brainless sheep mentality that goes along with beards in our current society, i do still find this song quite funny. i like when beardless dad is mowing the lawn.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
What sucks about this whole beard fashion right now is that I know people that had beards before it was cool and all the hipsters were doing it.
In fact, before hipsters even existed. But now everyone sees those long term bearders as 'f*cking hipsters' and dont get the cred for being just 'who they are'.
But the worst part is, that when all the hipsters die off, the long term bearerders will keep teir beards, and people will say 'OMG, that guy just won't let the hipster thing go, move on dude' and will never know that they did it first.

f*cking hipsters.

I saw a hipster in a Megadeth T-shirt the other day.
I rode past and said "RUST IN PEACE"!!! with goat fingers. He just looked at me blankly and said "Whaaaa?" No f*cking idea.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
What sucks about this whole beard fashion right now is that I know people that had beards before it was cool and all the hipsters were doing it.
In fact, before hipsters even existed. But now everyone sees those long term bearders as 'f*cking hipsters' and dont get the cred for being just 'who they are'.
But the worst part is, that when all the hipsters die off, the long term bearerders will keep teir beards, and people will say 'OMG, that guy just won't let the hipster thing go, move on dude' and will never know that they did it first.

f*cking hipsters.

I rode past and said "RUST IN PEACE"!!! with goat fingers. He just looked at me blankly and said "Whaaaa?" No f*cking idea.
gold! i have had similar experiences with people pretending to be into something from way back as part of this revivalist trend. it feels good to out them for being stupid.

was santa a hipster? he has a beard, wears a matched out suit, gets around in a sleigh which is even more retro than an old bombed out car, and has a close relationship with the suppliers of his hand crafted gifts? or is he an evil capitalist enslaving the elves into his service? so hard to decide.....

slowmick

38-39"
have you seen Mortal Sin recently promoting that it is 25 years since they played with Metallica on the Damged Justice tour in Australia. i guess the last time i saw them half the crowd wasn't alive the first time i saw them. Seems time is moving on...

Long live MegaDave.

RDH

Likes Dirt
Looks like this thread is still a going concern so do any of the bearded responders have a recommendation for a good beard-trimmer?

driftking

Wheel size expert
gold! i have had similar experiences with people pretending to be into something from way back as part of this revivalist trend. it feels good to out them for being stupid.
Your shirt doesn't mean shit.
[video=youtube;fkIFRTqfMkg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkIFRTqfMkg[/video]

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ned Kelly........fucking hipster.
Def og hipster.

Moses - dude was so old school he used stone for writing important shit on....the original tablet.olus he wore a robe and wrote a bunch of important rules about wearing a beard!

moorey

call me Mia
If I have a beard of any extent, it means nothing more than I haven't been arsed shaving for a week or so.
That is patently untrue, Ducky. There's lazy (me, for example, but a week is my maximum), and people following a trend.
Worse, however, is the recent trend to wear pork pie hats. Wear one, you are dead to me. :tsk:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That is patently untrue, Ducky. There's lazy (me, for example, but a week is my maximum), and people following a trend.
Worse, however, is the recent trend to wear pork pie hats. Wear one, you are dead to me. :tsk:
I too have noticed a return of those hideous things. In my 'hood for a while one of the local drug dealing drug addicted chronic gambler pimps has been sporting one for a long time. It certainly isn't the iconic high roller pimp look. But he has spread his swagger around town. Such a stupid hat!

haulawayjoe

Likes Bikes
I missed the boat with this one, just got through reading all 34 pages, you guys crack me up.

Handbags at ten paces gentlemen.

I think Sir Bob said it best.

[video=youtube;NoweGN8cm5g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoweGN8cm5g[/video]

Last edited:

nathanm

Eats Squid
Looks like this thread is still a going concern so do any of the bearded responders have a recommendation for a good beard-trimmer?
Have started rocking the beard again. Am particularly impressed by the patches of white repping my old age.

As for Beard Trimmers, The Fuck? You don't trim a beard, as they say on Frozen "let it grow, let it grow".

moorey

call me Mia
Have started rocking the beard again. Am particularly impressed by the patches of white repping my old age.

As for Beard Trimmers, The Fuck? You don't trim a beard, as they say on Frozen "let it grow, let it grow".
Old enough to have grey patches....still quotes Frozen. You stay classy, old mate :thumb:

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Good read there Johnny,as usual..........

I agree somewhat, I a m kinda getting tired of being served at a pub or brew house by a dude with the hair growth and coca cola black rimmed glasses with clear lenses inserted.....I'm not going to carry on ...I was also thinking about in the future when all these people with tatts and sailor tatts grow old and explain to their kids etc..... I think the new black should be fresh cleanskins, I don't think I've seen a cleanskin for many months now.......

Thanks for the read Johnny......
will have to go back and read the entire thread, out of time atm. my OH is a total cleanskin, no piercing, tatts, doesn't drink. one day without shaving, however, gives him the three-day growth look. i encourage him to grow long natural "Elvis" sideburns because then that's a third of his face he doesn't have to shave as required for work.

and i like them. i clip his hair and sideburns to keep him tidy. i do, however, love a natural man with a hairy chest - just my preference. no metro shaved balls in this house thanks.

THIS :)

Last edited: