If you have a beard, guess what...., you're an idiot.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Have started rocking the beard again. Am particularly impressed by the patches of white repping my old age.

As for Beard Trimmers, The Fuck? You don't trim a beard, as they say on Frozen "let it grow, let it grow".
if you work in business environment they will expect a presentable beard also you can have a solid beard that looks neat not filthy.

That said I haven't trimmed my beard in a few months but its longer than the trimmers range anyway.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The last time I have been entirely clean shaven in the last six years was about three and a half years ago when I was on my first date with the mrs. So yes, I am a bearded arsehole.

I agree with the previous posts regarding the wankerish parts of this beard fad. I do however get annoyed that I've unintentionally fallen into this fad and get falsely recognised as being another trendy hipster doofus. There's no such thing as awkwardly sporting a $5 woollies flanno without being confused as being someone who gives a toss about wanting fit in with the current trend.

In my defense I have good reasons for growing a beard and have been n it for the long haul. One, I don't have a chin. Two, I'm a pretty gruff wanker that spends a fair amount of time out in the elements riding, fishing, work and whatever else.

The most appalling thing I see is the amount of patchy pieces of shit on sme blokes faces that are accompanied with long hair which is just barely long enough to be pulled back into a pony.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
The most appalling thing I see is the amount of patchy pieces of shit on sme blokes faces that are accompanied with long hair which is just barely long enough to be pulled back into a pony.
So you're a beard aficionado/snob?

What about having grey hair in a beard? No go or uber hipster?

driftking

Wheel size expert
The last time I have been entirely clean shaven in the last six years was about three and a half years ago when I was on my first date with the mrs. So yes, I am a bearded arsehole.

I agree with the previous posts regarding the wankerish parts of this beard fad. I do however get annoyed that I've unintentionally fallen into this fad and get falsely recognised as being another trendy hipster doofus. There's no such thing as awkwardly sporting a $5 woollies flanno without being confused as being someone who gives a toss about wanting fit in with the current trend.

In my defense I have good reasons for growing a beard and have been n it for the long haul. One, I don't have a chin. Two, I'm a pretty gruff wanker that spends a fair amount of time out in the elements riding, fishing, work and whatever else.

The chin comment made me think of this.

would-you-still-love-me-if-i-shaved-my-beard-comic.jpg

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Dunno if this has been posted here yet, but... in all its 6 second glory:

[video=youtube;TZB8HRrJ0KM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZB8HRrJ0KM[/video]

RDH

Likes Dirt
As for Beard Trimmers, The Fuck? You don't trim a beard, as they say on Frozen "let it grow, let it grow".
I'm not trimming the beard. Just the mo so it only collects 25% of the food I shovel into my mouth and not upwards of 60%.

mrricho

Likes Bikes
Great laugh this thread......40 years in and i still cant grow a beard the best i can do is some catfish whiskers!

JP

Likes Dirt
I'm currently up in Darwin and the amount of dandy arseholes with big trimmed beards and full sleevs tats is astounding! Even my kids have commented on the fad.

As someone who needs to be clean shaven for work I look forward to my annual leave so I can shun the razor.

And there is way more grey than black, but what is left on my dome is the same.

slowmick

38-39"
Just went on honeymoon for a week. took the electric razor and a disposable with shaving cream. neither saw the light of day. holidays do not include shaving.:becky:

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Resurrecting this thread for some advice /because its a funny read/ maybe get @johnny's ire up again

I've had a beard for about 10 years now, and on and off again the 5 before that. The trouble is its starting to get white in it (at the tender age of almost 35) and the Canberra cold air is drying it out so much that it becomes a hideous wirey mess.

I can't go clean shaven because I look like a kid. So I need some kind of trimmer. The trouble is that my beard hair is thick and hard to get through. I've got a Braun Cruzer thing that cant cut the hairs lower than my cheek bones so has sat in my drawer for close to a decade. I tried it again last night, no luck.

Anyone got a recommendation for a trimmer/clipper than will tame this beast?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Embrace the salt and pepper, you have no choice.
I just use my hair clippers over the face once a week and replace them annually as they are fairly cheap.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Been bearded since I was a teenager.

Firstly, avoid manscaping at all costs.

Secondly, trim it short and keep it relatively short. Wash with gentle soap like Dove (yes, I use Dove).

Thirdly, beard oil... see rule number 1.

And remember what the Beards said: "If your Dad doesn't have a beard. You've got two mums".

CBG.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Resurrecting this thread for some advice /because its a funny read/ maybe get @johnny's ire up again

I've had a beard for about 10 years now, and on and off again the 5 before that. The trouble is its starting to get white in it (at the tender age of almost 35) and the Canberra cold air is drying it out so much that it becomes a hideous wirey mess.

I can't go clean shaven because I look like a kid. So I need some kind of trimmer. The trouble is that my beard hair is thick and hard to get through. I've got a Braun Cruzer thing that cant cut the hairs lower than my cheek bones so has sat in my drawer for close to a decade. I tried it again last night, no luck.

Anyone got a recommendation for a trimmer/clipper than will tame this beast?
Hair clippers with #4 comb