Yarra Trails regulars

ninjasstolemytv

Likes Dirt
Nothing special about a Giant though. I'll get a Santa Cruz one day. You can't help but stare when you see one of them yellow Bronsons and I'll be sure to if I ever see a Nomad.

What do you guys think of the Trek Superfly 5? Been thinking either this or a giant xtc 27.5, whichever one would be the better performer at Lysterfield kinda trails. Gonna demo the giant soon, should be good.

Last edited:

redbruce

Eats Squid
Nothing special about a Giant though. I'll get a Santa Cruz one day. You can't help but stare when you see one of them yellow Bronsons and I'll be sure to if I ever see a Nomad.
+1. Santa Cruz (5010) will be my next bike (if I dont get an ASR5c first).

They are different bikes though. The Yeti (non SB) really suits the HT rider that seeks a tad more forgiveness without performance compromise.

The SC is articulate with more compliance and all around capability.

Both (too much) $$$ though really.

Last edited:

ninjasstolemytv

Likes Dirt
Yeah, it's kinda insane how expensive many bikes are and the fact that people buy them. 4k is the max I'll ever spend on a bike unless I magically started racing elite XC. Even then, it's really just diminishing returns from around a 3k price point

It's pretty perplexing whenever I see people who buy race bikes and only ride casually. I don't mean to judge, you can spend your money how you want, but for fun you can get the same for a whole lot less. If you ever want a first hand example just hop over to Lysty on a busy day. And then those people generally don't service their own bikes either and spend loads an LBS every time they need a tune-up or to change a flat.

I take back what I said before, I'll never buy a Santa Cruz. Might stay being a reasonably priced bike owner/pleb.

Last edited:

rsclio

Likes Dirt
There's bugger all mud at Hans either. Some sections were actually dusty today. Wind and sun drying things up. Cut the tree over the berm and the one at the start of the prologue with the help of Liam, Harry and Callum who had ridden from smiths I believe. Well done lads
Was Matt Callum and Harry actually
Matt told me they were giving someone a hand out there today

creole

Likes Bikes
You lot will very disappointed if we ever meet as I’m still within the realms of ‘normal big’ and not ‘freak show big’. 197cm and 105kgs geared up, so about the same size as JD. I think that Big Tim has both JD and I covered for the biggest YTer.

My 29er does look more like a 26er or 650b at best.
I know that aesthetic, im 6ft 3" 95kg , my giant trance xl 29er looks quite small. Then i see 'average' sized people on 29ers and they look like clown bikes :D

Big JD

Wheel size expert
the Yarra Big Blokes Club

not exclusive to men- would welcome any mountain biking women over 6.4 and 100kgs

What should we call our gang, club, posse............ have my designer (Rapha clothing) standing by for details.

BBBBB or Bx5
Big Beautiful Beefie Blokes on Bikes
or
YCU
Yarra Clydes United
or
YEBBA
Yarra Elite Big Beefie Alliance

Big AC

Likes Dirt
I know that aesthetic, im 6ft 3" 95kg , my giant trance xl 29er looks quite small. Then i see 'average' sized people on 29ers and they look like clown bikes :D
not exclusive to men- would welcome any mountain biking women over 6.4 and 100kgs

What should we call our gang, club, posse............ have my designer (Rapha clothing) standing by for details.

BBBBB or Bx5
Big Beautiful Beefie Blokes on Bikes
or
YCU
Yarra Clydes United
or
YEBBA
Yarra Elite Big Beefie Alliance
Will one of the missions of YEBBA be to promote the 36er wheel size so that us big blokes can have the same 29er experience as the little people?

My bad maths makes me on a 29er the same proportion as someone ~177cm (5’9.5”) on a 26er.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Stand tall and united we fall

Will one of the missions of YEBBA be to promote the 36er wheel size so that us big blokes can have the same 29er experience as the little people?

My bad maths makes me on a 29er the same proportion as someone ~177cm (5’9.5”) on a 26er.
yes AC- we will agitate for equality and acceptance for the big people. 36ers, minimum height for trail features, 750mm wide bars, XXlong riding apparel, long effective top tubes and non wollowing suspesion design and vehicles with additional leg/head room.

Membership in the group is a forward step to equality and respect for big beefie blokes and babes on bikes.

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
sounds like you're looking for a yts big version of the skoda ad.

kids reaction when JD & Co ride past.
skoda-big.jpg

the big kids are in there.
skoda-big-hed-2013.jpg

and here we are which one of you guys is the kid?

Skoda_NotYourEverydayCar13.jpg

Last edited:

gnarly_rider

Likes Dirt
perfect we will use this in our campaign. I especially like the joggers at the start
;P I was most upset that mtb101 didn't actually include a screen grab of them...

So I went looking, and instead found (just to go off topic a little):

[video=youtube;YhvZRfiQrJE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhvZRfiQrJE[/video]

CharlieDontSurf

Likes Dirt
Will the members of WEBBA be members of ABBA( annulus billabong bike association). Your the pres, sorry Dicktator of that group aren't you JD

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: