ChopSticks

Banned
Rode it yesterday

all sections are open
thw fire road at the bottom is still mushy clay
but the actually blue loop itself is good

StanTheMan

Likes Dirt
Someone on Nobmob was saying the Ranger was there this week removing all the Trail closed signs
Must have been Tue or Wednesday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys,

Is stage 2 officially open yet? I see alot of people venturing down there, but I will refrain until their is a definite affirmative official answer.

-Andrew

ChopSticks

Banned
Hey guys,

Is stage 2 officially open yet? I see alot of people venturing down there, but I will refrain until their is a definite affirmative official answer.

-Andrew
From what I've heard the back loop of stage 2 is still closed!
but the centre one are okay

Kczar01

Likes Bikes
Rode today back section being worked on. Came off early big time with some serious bark and pride gone.... Needs to widened at the top.

Kczar01

Likes Bikes
Hey chops, hard to explain. The last dh clay section before where you can drop in half way up the track. Clay section. Little worse for wear ATM. Btw happy to help with track maintain

ChopSticks

Banned
Hey chops, hard to explain. The last dh clay section before where you can drop in half way up the track. Clay section. Little worse for wear ATM. Btw happy to help with track maintain
Are you referring to the top loop ie
the southern end of the track?

ChopSticks

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlLKm6Gm6WI

4min 16sec is the section I am referring to.

ooooooooo really? usually have to pedal through there, and I find theres plenty of room.... only 'issue' I have had is the new stage 2 blue loop....

theres a section of the back blue loop with the embankment has caught me out a few times (left hand side) you come flying down and have to steer left, but found myself catching the side a few times!
another issue I've had is after the 1st lefthand berm/hairpin, and the 2nd right turn (same loop) theres remnants of a tree stump? on the right hand side (near the tree).... smashed my foot into it a few times when pedaling/switching feet to make the next turn.....

guess i just need to ride more !

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlLKm6Gm6WI

4min 16sec is the section I am referring to.
Cmon dude! That section is smooth as! Mtbing is inherently dangerous and the whole track has been designed to mitigate that danger as much as possible. It's great that a facility this inviting to new riders exists, and has been designed in such a way it's fun for everyone - regardless of skill level.. but if it's made any smoother you might as well stick to bike paths.

If you fell off on that section the track isn't to blame....

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
I rode off the edge of the first timber roller coaster last weekend, most stupid thing I ever did in my life!
It really hurt, both my pride and my ribs/rotator cuff........ As well as my wallet!

Can't blame the trail... I blame my own stupidity! Got it on gopro too.... But Haven't has the heart to look at the footage yet!

Kczar01

Likes Bikes
Yeh I think i know the stump you were talking of.

Well i guess It is an adventure sport after all. i wasn't necessarily saying the track was to blame more or less commenting about a section of track where I had a stack and sharing it with others. That section I come through fairly fast almost jumping the gap that has been created due to riding and erosion as is the wall to the right of the track now bearing shale and rock (bound to happen). Wrong line with my judgement is my error, wheel into the wall and I bit the wall . Never to mind it will buff out, looks pretty now.

Bike paths suck...

Alex Dlugosch

Likes Dirt
Yeah nah, I've heard people say various places in Hornsby need to be widened or something, but I completely disagree. Hornsby is one of the wider trails around, there are hardly any trees that are close to the trail and get struck (you can see damage on the trunk in such cases). Obviously this is because of the nature of the trail, being a popular one for riders of all skill levels. But it doesn't need to be made any wider.

Lots of trails around are tighter to trees, and I think its a good thing. Trails that you would have real trouble fitting a 800 mm bar through are some of my favourite. Kentlyn is a good example, in particular the "No Fat Guys" section. Close trees make hitting the ideal line a bit more of a fun challenge.

Some of the dirt sections of the Stage 2 black trail have ideal lines that are really close to the cut away hillside, but before these lines got ripped up by use, they were actually really nice and riding so close to the cuttings at speed was a rush. The tightness teaches you to be really aware of where you handlebar ends and pedals (and shoulders and knees) are.

Anthony B

Likes Dirt
Finally got to ride the first loop on the new section was a good ride though it, bit of a shame the jump line is so short & they aren't too well groomed. That said I'm sure they will bed in better overtime, hopefully a few more jumps get built into the trails.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Had a little trundle around Omv today. Pretty windy out so put my oneup 42t to use.

Just be aware there is/was a tree down in turkey royale about half way along the section that runs parallel to the green loop. There was a Hornsby council guy up top putting up signage who I told and he headed down to check it out. But was unsure if he had the gear to deal with it. Hopefully they get it moved ASAP, as it's at head height and the canopy is pretty thick in that part so not really looking at that height.

Last edited: