Official Old Mans Valley MTB Park - Hornsby

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not sure what parts of the trail need a DH bike, full face & neck brace, guy is obviously concerned enough to take care of himself but not the trail.....Take photos next time!
No neck brace, just a big yellow Leatt sticker on his forks! Unfortunately I didn't have my phone on me at the time to get some happy snaps of the offender!

Yeah, I'd call the council/ranger in a case like that, the guy obviously wants to break the rules and doesn't give a shit, so we just need to tell him he's not welcome with a nice fine (hopefully). He won't be embarrassed nor show up for the build day.
I did tell him I was off to call the Ranger - empty threat though as I don't even have the number! :p

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
had a short stint at omv today after taking my daughter to the pool this morning.

all trails are open - no signage up for closures on any section but..... lava flow section is still pretty wet in parts. don't get me wrong its a lot of fun but a bit more time to dry out would be good. i had one run through it then gave it a wide berth. traction is good atm and it was only 20c down in the valley, so nice and cool for riding.

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode OMV yesterday, track is in good shape but the southern loop could benefit from warmer weather to help it dry out!

My only gripe from yesterday was the amount of people stopped blocking the trail, especially groups of riders blocking the entry/exit of the southern loops! By all means stop to have a breather or if you have a mechanical - but move off the track! If someone has crashed send someone further along the trail to slow down/warn following riders!

Rode OMV yesterday, track is in good shape but the southern loop could benefit from warmer weather to help it dry out!

My only gripe from yesterday was the amount of people stopped blocking the trail, especially groups of riders blocking the entry/exit of the southern loops! By all means stop to have a breather or if you have a mechanical - but move off the track! If someone has crashed send someone further along the trail to slow down/warn following riders!
I also rode OMV yesterday, definitely still a bit wet on the back loop. I think that back section will always take ages to dry up. There were heaps of people there yesterday, more than I've ever seen, might just be due to the slightly warmer weather and rain finally clearing up.

Does anyone know why the ambulance and police vehicles were there at around 7.30ish?
Hopefully any hurt riders are recovering well, just unsure why police would need to be there...

ChopSticks

Banned
I believe the police have the keys to the fireroad gate

and with the police station just round the corner, they are usually the first ones to arrive

ChopSticks

Banned
Anyone know if OMV is open today?

Unsure of condition given, we've had a period of dry weather and yesterday's downpour... Wonder how it's draining?

mtb1611

Seymour
Rode this place for the first time today with a few mates; AWESOME! Certainly won't be the last trip up to OMV.

mtb1611

Seymour
I still haven't been, sounds like a good track.
Def recommend it camo; don't be put off by the fact that the trails are only short. Their are several loops that can be joined together in various combinations. Great fun and REALLY well constructed trails.

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I still haven't been, sounds like a good track.
It's great fun Cam... but being so short you might get sick of it fairly quick... I get about 6 laps before it's time to go elsewhere.. So plan your day accordingly if you are anything like me.

ChopSticks

Banned
It's great fun Cam... but being so short you might get sick of it fairly quick... I get about 6 laps before it's time to go elsewhere.. So plan your day accordingly if you are anything like me.

given Cam goes for casual 130km MTB pedals.... the <6kms at OMV will be childs play for him.....

Cam... if and when you DO hit up OMV..... give me a shout! I'll take you a sweet little trail down the road which you'll love more than OMV ;)

ChopSticks

Banned
slightly off topic post.....

anyone into their car/washing/detailing/maintenance?

I parked under the trees towards to trail head a few days in a row (rode 4 times over 5 days) and noticed tiny droplets of sap ALL over the car/windows.
so if you're a crazy detailer/car enthusiast... park towards the old factory

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
slightly off topic post.....

anyone into their car/washing/detailing/maintenance?

I parked under the trees towards to trail head a few days in a row (rode 4 times over 5 days) and noticed tiny droplets of sap ALL over the car/windows.
so if you're a crazy detailer/car enthusiast... park towards the old factory

your lucky its not summer or that sap would be cicada jizz