Injuries. What's your story?

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Shattered my tibia into about 15 pieces. I lost about 3/4 inch of length off that leg so now I've got swagger... take the good with the bad:)

sprocket

Likes Dirt
3 grade three lacerations to my liver, broken ribs right hand side, punctured right lung, torn outer stomach lining and upper bowel, that was the worst one crash damage... 3 weeks ICU and a operation scar from belly button up for that effort.
2nd would be right rotor cuff and more broken left hand ribs.

Heaps of others but there just little broken bits..

aRogue

Likes Bikes
Did you fall off a cliff?

On a serious note though, did you cop all that in one crash or over your years of riding in general?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
i've joined the injured.

fucked up and got hung up on a log, did the splits while preventing a stationary fall and pulled an upper back muscle. three, 1 hr massages have barely helped, off the bike for a week i reckon.
Turns out I tore my lat muscle pretty badly. Off the bike for a month to let it heal, every time I thought it was ok and I got back on the bike it world flare up.

So fuckwit me went for a 8.6km run yesterday, refusing to let my fitness slip any further. first run in 15 years. Jesus fucking christ. Leg pain like I've never felt. Proves the theory, get your foot caught in a bear trap and you will forget your sprained wrist.

I'm in a bet with a friend to compete and finish a triathlon in a few years time after she finishes nursing school. Seems unachievable right now.

8.6km is probably a bit far for first run in 15 years.

You mite be bike fit but you're gonna have to swallow your pride and start with short distances, but in no time you will be running longer distance. I've just been through the same thing and I'd be one of the unfittest on rotorburn I reckon.

DOMs eh ??? Where would we be without it ???

link1896

Mr Greenfield
8.6km is probably a bit far for first run in 15 years.

You mite be bike fit but you're gonna have to swallow your pride and start with short distances, but in no time you will be running longer distance. I've just been through the same thing and I'd be one of the unfittest on rotorburn I reckon.

DOMs eh ??? Where would we be without it ???
Oh yeah. Can't walk ATM without grimacing. Next weekend I'll take it easy for a few km. I was fine cardio wise at 8.6km, but legs sure are sore now.

exactly what I went through a month or so ago, however regular short runs with enough rest in between will get you firing.

I started with a 3km flat course twice a week with riding on the weekend and I can run 10kms a month and half later on a reasonably flat course with a few little hills here and there.

I noticed a big difference to my riding, more power for technical climbs and better recovery after a long climb.

Not a fan of running but definitely a fan of the benefits.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
4km today at an easy pace of about 5min a km, zero leg issues so far. at this stage i'll head out tomorrow and try 5km

mason33

Likes Dirt
This riding bullshit is barely worth it, is it... My latest was back in Feb, a shattered collarbone requiring a plate and six screws with a big ugly scar to remind me of my stupidity.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
This riding bullshit is barely worth it, is it... My latest was back in Feb, a shattered collarbone requiring a plate and six screws with a big ugly scar to remind me of my stupidity.
That scar is your entry to the club. Welcome aboard.

mason33

Likes Dirt
That scar is your entry to the club. Welcome aboard.
Plenty of scars already, just last year broke the first metacarpal in my left hand resulting in a nice big visible scar. Think I might just stick to the crit track for a while, well at least until I've built a bit more sick leave.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Plenty of scars already, just last year broke the first metacarpal in my left hand resulting in a nice big visible scar. Think I might just stick to the crit track for a while, well at least until I've built a bit more sick leave.
Yeah scars schmars...that one on your shoulder will be the king! Looks boss, will stretch like a hookers pussy once you start building up strength again, and the best bit...it will pinch and be a pain when you carry aback pack or bag on he shoulder. Then they will cut it open and pull out the pins...and it starts over. Still worth having the surgery. My other collar bone has a nice bump from a crack the doctors thought wouldn't be an issue.

moorey

call me Mia
FARK. I've broken rhs collar bone twice, LHS once. RHS is majorly overlapped and I can't get a photo half that good. my RHS reach is 15mm shorter
15mm? I'll see you, and raise you to 40mm. Haven't been able to wear a pack for 15 years :pout: