Chain reaction cycles

Minlak

custom titis
They used to be faster, but no issues with tracking details via trakpak:

AusPost if anything were dragging the chain:

Can't really complain when shipping is free.
You know freight isn't free right? It is factored into the cost of the items you are buying. If you choose to expedite the shipping process by paying a fee then that is your option. Sure most of them have a purchase threshold you have to reach to activate free freight but that is to maintain the margins.

There are several Australian stores that sell all of their items "freight included". I always feel agitated at putting 5 items into a cart all with the title freight included. Makes me feel like I am paying 5 lots of freight.

*of course I only factor in total price paid not individual items and decide if I see the value in it before purchase.

si618

Likes Dirt
You know freight isn't free right? It is factored into the cost of the items you are buying.
Obviously! And of course they encourage you to spend more with the free freight threshold. However, CRC have so much purchasing power, for both products and shipping, their discount is greater than most stores who always charge for freight costs.

It's easy to get more than you really need with a CRC order, or any site using similar tactics, so these days I just tend to load up my wishlist and pull the trigger once a good deal is available, or I've reached the free freight threshold.

Minlak

custom titis
Obviously! And of course they encourage you to spend more with the free freight threshold. However, CRC have so much purchasing power, for both products and shipping, their discount is greater than most stores who always charge for freight costs.

It's easy to get more than you really need with a CRC order, or any site using similar tactics, so these days I just tend to load up my wishlist and pull the trigger once a good deal is available, or I've reached the free freight threshold.
Oh I wasnt meaning to single you out by the way just your post was closest to quote :)

si618

Likes Dirt
Oh I wasnt meaning to single you out by the way just your post was closest to quote :)
No offence taken.

I think there's an unintended side-effect from that sort of strategy; if you're not spending enough to reach the free freight threshold, then you're not getting a good deal.

Whether that's true or not is debatable, or it could just be that I'm a tightarse, but I know it affects how I shop.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
CRC appear to have dropped Fox apparel like a bad habit in the last week or so. Was looking for new shorts last week and they had various Fox styles.......went back yesterday and there's nothing. No shorts or jerseys. Worked out well though, paid $77 for some 2015 Ranger Cargo's from T7. Pretty happy with that.
Not just apparel - try to find a Fox Fork newer than a 2014 model on CRC. Then compare to Rockshox. Seems an odd way to do business to me.
You do know that Fox clothing & Fox suspension are entirely separate entities?

explodinglamas

Likes Bikes
As of tonight I can no longer see any items on the crc website apart from the home page "best sellers" 12. My mates are having the same issue, anyone else?

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Happy with this delivery!

Date/Time

Activity

Event Code

31/08/2015 15:14:00 DELIVERED
31/08/2015 05:07:00 OUT FOR DELIVERY - KINGSGROVE NSW 340
28/08/2015 19:11:00 RECEIVED BY PARTNER CARRIER - CHULLORA NSW 203
28/08/2015 14:47:00 TRANSFERRED TO PARTNER CARRIER - SYDNEY 203
28/08/2015 14:47:00 TRANSFERRED TO PARTNER CARRIER - SYDNEY 203
28/08/2015 11:06:00 CUSTOMS CLEARED - SYDNEY 433
28/08/2015 11:06:00 CUSTOMS CLEARED - SYDNEY 433
28/08/2015 00:01:00 INTERNATIONAL HUB - SYDNEY 246
28/08/2015 00:01:00 INTERNATIONAL HUB - SYDNEY 246
27/08/2015 23:30:00 SHIPMENT DEPARTED SINGAPORE TRANSIT - SIN 214
27/08/2015 03:38:00 TRANSIT SINGAPORE - SIN, 213
22/08/2015 11:39:00 PROCESSED IFD LHR - 211
21/08/2015 15:53:37 TRAK PAK PROCESS CENTRE 198

Koper25

Likes Dirt
Just me or has CRC become quite expensive on some items lately? Been cheaper to order locally on my last 2 bike related orders.

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
Just me or has CRC become quite expensive on some items lately? Been cheaper to order locally on my last 2 bike related orders.
My first CRC purchase was probably not much more than a year ago, so I don't have a long history of their pricing, but I've always found stuff on there that I could get just as cheap locally. I haven't really noticed much of their stuff being 'expensive' compared to locally (well...aside from a saddle bag that in 'L' size had a saving of -1083%...but I'll put that down to a glitch!) but there's lots of stuff on there that's on-par with local pricing.

Personally, I take the 'rrp' prices they list with a huge grain of salt, seems like plenty of those are completely off, so the 'saving' they list can be a lot higher than what you're getting in reality.

I've pretty much never purchased anything from CRC without comparing their prices to Wiggle, Pushy's etc, or the LBS if it's something they're likely to have on display. Was pleasantly surprised when I walked into a LBS recently and bought the saddle bag I'd been looking at online for $1-2 more than what CRC were charging.

moorey

call me Mia
Ordered a bike bag late Friday, here today. That's one clear business day. The 'big parcel' rule still seems to hold fast.

stirk

Burner
I bought three small consumables on the weekend from my LBS and just checked comparisons to CRC and my LBS beat their pricing on the total order by $5 on equivalent items. Could the LBS match items like forks, shocks perhaps not but for the little stuff I like to go to the local shop.

Tyres also seem better priced at pushys.

moorey

call me Mia
My lbs is really good to me, and usually try to match online. I tried to go through them for my 11sp, but they weren't able to get anywhere near. Shimano distro in Aus are tearing us all new ones.

FlyingRV

Likes Bikes
Overseas traders will start to become more expensive as the $Aussie takes a pounding.
Which is good for the local traders as they can now compete more competitively.

Ideate

Overseas traders will start to become more expensive as the $Aussie takes a pounding.
Which is good for the local traders as they can now compete more competitively.
Our local price will go up too because it'll cost more to import?