The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
To little too late? Could Turnbull save the LNP from near certain defeat?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Gotta be his last shot at the title. If he loses this spill or loses the election he's history.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Gotta be his last shot at the title. If he loses this spill or loses the election he's history.
Agree on that front.

Would julie bishop openly back a possible losing horse?

"Gift of the Australian people " - what a load of fucking horseshit

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
Incredible that with the everything that's gone down, that the Abbott playsheet is still 'we're not the Labor party'. That's the best reason they can come up with for not changing leaders.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
reckon it'll fail. Turnbull's despised by the hardliners and I don't think many LNP members are happy about all the retweeting of their smug comments made during Labor's spills

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
But......he, single-handedly , through sheer force of personality, stopped the boats!

That's gotta count for something. Right?

Last edited:

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Incredible that with the everything that's gone down, that the Abbott playsheet is still 'we're not the Labor party'. That's the best reason they can come up with for not changing leaders.
That's the threat of vote for me or I'll fuck it up from the grave - the card that no one wanted to see played last time.

Edit - couldn't wait, already popped the champagne

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yer on!

Might just be wishful thinking on my part. I want one more year of 'Captain's Calls' goddammit!
Rock & roll.

Reckon I just copped myself a pack of choccy goodness! But, I do agree, it's been laughs all round these last two years and it will be a little sad to see it go. But, I have about as much faith in Shorten as I do Abbott so it might be nice to get off this "anything but this guy" round-a-bout that we're on right now.

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
That's the threat of vote for me or I'll fuck it up from the grave - the card that no one wanted to see played last time.

Edit - couldn't wait, already popped the champagne
I reckon it's more the 'I can't think of a better argument to keep me' card. They came to office on the back of a 'we're not Labor' campaign, and after two years that's still the best they've got.

Dene Dweller

Likes Dirt
I believe Turnbull will win as he wouldn't have made the move if he didn't have the numbers. We should also be able to say goodbye the the future former treasurer Bubble O Joe (good riddance).

Assuming Turnbull wins if he does bring positive policy change on a number of fronts then I might not have to draw a dick on my ballot paper come next election.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Joe hockey must be chain smoking cigars and shitting bricks...I hope he is listening to "best day of my life" again!

I wonder if Bishop will try for a sly horse on Turnbull and sweep through with the hardliners?

stoo

Likes Dirt
Assuming Turnbull wins if he does bring positive policy change on a number of fronts then I might not have to draw a dick on my ballot paper come next election.
Hah, just discussed that with my wife, but we were talking dick and balls.
Also we discussed hiring out informal vote dick and balls self inking rubber stamps at polling places, pay $10 to pick up, get $9 back when you return it. Good business model?
Perhaps not since Turdball is having a crack, weehaaa!!!!

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Joe hockey must be chain smoking cigars and shitting bricks...I hope he is listening to "best day of my life" again!

I wonder if Bishop will try for a sly horse on Turnbull and sweep through with the hardliners?
Joe hockey would have been PM if he had the ticker last time round - nice guy, just not smart enough.

If turnbulls up, hockey's back on sunrise, but full time