Terrorism: Paris, Syria, Turkey, Belgium, Florida......

Flow-Rider

Burner
You are assuming the folk from Cessnock are "people". One shouldn't jump to conclusions.

You'll be happy to know that most folk from Cessnock can walk on 2 legs.

you mean like Cessnock? It is a fantastic example of an economic prison.

I once engaged in this discussion...I was assured that our right to free speech flows from legal precedence and the court system. Which is apparently stronger that a list of rights/freedoms as it doesn't exclude things not specifically enshrined.

Please explain?

I have never been more happy about my choice for petroleum free grease. It is about time we started to crack down on these slack pricks! Can we also crack down on cock smokers that go on voluntourism trips? They are the modern Stalin.

Crumpler no doubt have a bag.
You are a Monster!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Maybe. But wouldn't the risk of giving away your intention and thus jeopardising your mission be unnecessary if you intended to die a martyr anyway? Could also be school kids on a prank or staff stocking up out of fear. When sars was "big" lots of first aid stuff from the office I was in went missing. I decided to wear a mask to work and scare people. I was asked to take it off.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Maybe. But wouldn't the risk of giving away your intention and thus jeopardising your mission be unnecessary if you intended to die a martyr anyway? Could also be school kids on a prank or staff stocking up out of fear. When sars was "big" lots of first aid stuff from the office I was in went missing. I decided to wear a mask to work and scare people. I was asked to take it off.
...then asked to put it back on

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I once engaged in this discussion...I was assured that our right to free speech flows from legal precedence and the court system. Which is apparently stronger that a list of rights/freedoms as it doesn't exclude things not specifically enshrined.down on these slack pricks! Can we also crack down on cock smokers that go on voluntourism trips? They are the modern Stalin.
Yeah, nah. There was a high court ruling along the lines of implied freedom of speech, but this was, later knocked into its box by a unanimous supreme Court ruling stating there is no personal freedom of speech, implied or otherwise in our Constitution. Leaving the door open for the NZ prime minister to sue the ABC and Four Corners for defamation.

The Australian constitution is nothing like the US one, it has nothing to do with the rights or freedoms of the populace, rather it was written around the time of federation as a framework for the governance of the nation.

golden path

Banned

Could be.

But for the authorities to stop you, they'd still need an inkling of what and where and when.

In other news, Turkey just poked the Russian bear.

Not surprising that a Muslim country would tip their hand in that direction, esp. if you add oil to the mix...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yeah, nah. There was a high court ruling along the lines of implied freedom of speech, but this was, later knocked into its box by a unanimous supreme Court ruling stating there is no personal freedom of speech, implied or otherwise in our Constitution. Leaving the door open for the NZ prime minister to sue the ABC and Four Corners for defamation.

The Australian constitution is nothing like the US one, it has nothing to do with the rights or freedoms of the populace, rather it was written around the time of federation as a framework for the governance of the nation.
You might have that back to front, the high court is the superior court. Well since we fucked off the privy council. And yes - our Constitution doesn't allow for much other than the machinations of government. It follows our "heritage" in its formation.

Could be.

But for the authorities to stop you, they'd still need an inkling of what and where and when.

In other news, Turkey just poked the Russian bear.

Not surprising that a Muslim country would tip their hand in that direction, esp. if you add oil to the mix...
Wouldn't they just find you with the gigacounter.

Turkey doesntvlike Assad. Russia do. Russia have been bombing everywhere, including spots where Turkish folk (of sorts) inhabit. And Turkey are friends of the freedom loving West.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
You might have that back to front, the high court is the superior court. Well since we fucked off the privy council. And yes - our Constitution doesn't allow for much other than the machinations of government. It follows our "heritage" in its formation.
Yeah was an error, they were both high court rulings, the first in 94, then the Lang ruling in 97.

What it all boils down to is, there is no legal, constitutional or otherwise, protection for freedom of speech. Unless you are an MP, bagging out the opposition, and then, only as parliamentary privilege, during actual sittings.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Wouldn't they just find you with the gigacounter.

Turkey doesntvlike Assad. Russia do. Russia have been bombing everywhere, including spots where Turkish folk (of sorts) inhabit. And Turkey are friends of the freedom loving West.
Turkey's a member of NATO and it controls access to the Black Sea. Russia's annexation of Crimea is a waste of time if they can't move their Black Sea fleet anywhere.
Also apparently both crewmen ejected so whilst there will probably be a bit of huff and bluster, all Russia can really claim is 1 downed jet-fighter and they can probably write that off against the 1 civilian airliner and 298 passengers they are owed the West.

Drizz

Likes Dirt
Putin vs Erdogan = Douchebag #1 vs Douchebag #2.

How did we get into such a mess with it all balanced a bunch of geo-political opportunists?

golden path

Banned
The Turks remain kin to their Muslim IS brothers, and they want the oil.

They can't be trusted.

Maybe they've pissed off the Russian bear to the extent that he will take a giant shit on them.

placebo

Likes Dirt
Recovery mission was a bit of a fizzler thanks to the FSA:

[video=youtube;IschF-ihjS0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IschF-ihjS0[/video]

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Recovery mission was a bit of a fizzler thanks to the FSA:

[video=youtube;IschF-ihjS0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IschF-ihjS0[/video]
Hmmm if the Russians see this it's gonna take them all of 3 minutes to pin point the location they used and decimate the whole mountain range.

Freediver

I can go full Karen

They can't be trusted.

Maybe they've pissed off the Russian bear to the extent that he will take a giant shit on them.
You really don't have a fucking clue. The Turkmen in northern Syria a pretty much Turkish and that is who the Turks were defending against the Russians. The Turkmen are fighting Daesh and Assad. It is because they fight Assad that the Russians bomb them, not because they fight Daesh.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member

They can't be trusted.

Turkey gets most of its energy from Russia. Turkey has been at war with other Muslims for decades. Turkey is on the other side of the Assad equation from Russia. Seeing this along religious lines is a mistake.