DT Swiss tubeless rim tubeless compatable

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dose a DT SWISS tubeless rim have to use DT SWISS tubeless valves ? Or can any vaulve do . I'm getting a poor result in s tubeless set up with a tiny amount of air leaking from the bass of the valve . The rim is s DT 570 , its tubeless ready . The rim has a rubber grommet around the valve hole , I've keepet that there , inserted the tubless valve and screwed the valve nut down tight. But a very small amount of air is coming out . It's not major and I can live with it but I've had better results .

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I converted some DT swiss xm1501 wheels to tubeless using cheap rubena valves off eBay with no issues.

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Are you sure the rubber grommet is not a schraeder valve spacer? Like this?

I'd suggest that the air is escaping around the outside of that ring. The DT Swiss valves have a much larger base than the stans, so should seal it up properly.

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Are you sure the rubber grommet is not a schraeder valve spacer? Like this?

I'd suggest that the air is escaping around the outside of that ring. The DT Swiss valves have a much larger base than the stans, so should seal it up properly.
Yes GT , it's the spacer . I just assumed being rubber it would be fine . If I do use the DT valve do I take the spacer out ?

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
You will need to keep the spacer in; the rim is drilled for the larger-diameter Schraeder valves, and the spacer is needed to properly seat Presta valves, including tubeless. You might need to really crank up the outer nut to pull the valve base snug against the rim bed to seal properly.

DJR

Likes Dirt
If you're losing air past the screw threads on the valve, also check there isn't a hole or tape movement allowing air to get into the spoke nipple holes, or try some plumber's tape around the top part of the valve that sits in the rim bed. Every time I lose air there it's usually a tape problem as the air has nowhere else to go than the outside of the valve