Confessions from the fuckwits

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Decided to take the brakes off the downhill bike to bleed them. The cable for the rear brake runs through the gap between the headtube and the stanchion. The gap's a little too small to squeeze either the lever or the calliper through and I didn't really want to undo the top crown at the steerer because it's a pain to get it all seated together again nicely. I have an idea! I can just undo the fork leg and slide it down in the crowns to get the cable out. Only problem, it's the spring side. Had a lot of fun compressing the fork leg enough to make a gap to get the cable through. Thinking back, it would have been easiest to undo both legs and slide the whole fork down.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Only a small one...cut brake lines, reconnect, bleed...perfect. But wait...of course it didn't go perfectly, I really should've cut the line a bit shorter. And I can't find my extra olives.

stirk

Burner
Only a small one...cut brake lines, reconnect, bleed...perfect. But wait...of course it didn't go perfectly, I really should've cut the line a bit shorter. And I can't find my extra olives.
I ordered 2 spares and received 2 packs of 10, let me know if you want some.

IMG_20160323_203138.jpg

BorisBC

Likes Bikes
Tried to swap my pedals. I'd sold my flats with commuter bike but had stuck some toe clip pedals on there as I was busting for a ride last weekend. Pay day rolled around this week and I picked up some Stolen flats.

Went to take the toe clips off and four hours and a LOT of swearing later and I've got one off. The other one has been beaten, cut, bashed, wd-40ed, allen keyed and shifter spannered and is still bloody on there. Kids have been yelled at, wife chucked a nana cause I made us late for a party... and the bloody thing won't budge. I even took to it with a power drill.

Looks like I need a 15mm spanner, which my spanner kit doesn't have, and of course nothing is open today.

And yeah I wasn't doing it the wrong way cause I swap pedals all the time. Sigh.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Tried to swap my pedals. I'd sold my flats with commuter bike but had stuck some toe clip pedals on there as I was busting for a ride last weekend. Pay day rolled around this week and I picked up some Stolen flats.

Went to take the toe clips off and four hours and a LOT of swearing later and I've got one off. The other one has been beaten, cut, bashed, wd-40ed, allen keyed and shifter spannered and is still bloody on there. Kids have been yelled at, wife chucked a nana cause I made us late for a party... and the bloody thing won't budge. I even took to it with a power drill.

Looks like I need a 15mm spanner, which my spanner kit doesn't have, and of course nothing is open today.

And yeah I wasn't doing it the wrong way cause I swap pedals all the time. Sigh.
I don't get beaten by pedals, but have seen the frustration it causes others. So ill give you a tip that is the secret to my success. Leave the pedal on, spend the next 2 weeks wanking furiously. Risk blindness! Eat 2 bananas for every wank and 600ml of water (plus your regular water intake, no soft drinks!). The pedal won't stand a chance...make sure you use the same hand each time.

Ivan

Eats Squid

If you swap pedals all the time, please invest in a proper pedal spanner. It really does make the job much easier.

i have a basic one like thisPro-Pedal-Spanner-82450-Medium.jpg and it is way easier to remove pedals using it rather than an allen key or thin 15mm normal spanner.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Knew I had to tighten rotor bolts, bought bolts, never bothered to put em in. One loud crack later and losing rear brake I'm left with this a week before state. Should hold for the race.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Poodles method is way more enjoyable though
Yeah it is, but you need to be patient. I don't understand why there are so few people using a hex key on their pedals. Don't all modern pedals have one in the stub for sophisticated installation?

Knew I had to tighten rotor bolts, bought bolts, never bothered to put em in. One loud crack later and losing rear brake I'm left with this a week before state. Should hold for the race.

Loctite! Or araldite. I discover my snow bindings were fucked the night before Japan a few years ago. I araldite them...then did 2 trips on them! If you need some wheels I've got the Bling for you...so much Bling...for you.

BorisBC

Likes Bikes
I don't get beaten by pedals, but have seen the frustration it causes others. So ill give you a tip that is the secret to my success. Leave the pedal on, spend the next 2 weeks wanking furiously. Risk blindness! Eat 2 bananas for every wank and 600ml of water (plus your regular water intake, no soft drinks!). The pedal won't stand a chance...make sure you use the same hand each time.
Oh dammit! I swapped it today with a 15mm spanner! This way sounds heaps better though. Will use next time for sure.

Also have worked out why Masters is going bust - $25 for one spanner!

bear the bear

Is a real bear
I have some SnapOn and BluePoint gear at mate's rates. Still expensive. Good gear but is it worth 2 or 3x SP or Kinchrome? Nope.
I'm not an automotive guy so don't get the selling point of strap-on tools??? Are they higher quality or what? What is the justification for the higher prices?