XT Di2 Discussion Thread

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Perhaps...but when the plain jane XT 1x11 conversion kit (without crankset) can be had locally for about $290...I'm struggling to see value in the battery version.
I'm not about to convert but it still seems reasonable for those that way inclined.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Do you need a digital display?
My current shifter has no gear display.
Depends if you want the Synchro on 2/3x or not. The digi-box is required for Synchro, as it contains the electro-trickery to switch between shift maps, but if you're running 1x or don't want the option of having Synchro on hand then you can use the upper junction box without digital display from the road groups.

Alo661

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Depends if you want the Synchro on 2/3x or not. The digi-box is required for Synchro, as it contains the electro-trickery to switch between shift maps, but if you're running 1x or don't want the option of having Synchro on hand then you can use the upper junction box without digital display from the road groups.
Weird thought. Can you run Synchro with a road groupo using just the sprint shifters and strip the internals out of both levers.

Don't think it's possible due to the sprint shifters needing to be plugged into the levers.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Assuming most people would buy from CRC/Wiggle/Evans etc...How much for an Aus compatible charger plug for your Di2 battery? , or would people just use one of those cheapo travel adapters?

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Weird thought. Can you run Synchro with a road groupo using just the sprint shifters and strip the internals out of both levers.

Don't think it's possible due to the sprint shifters needing to be plugged into the levers.
The limiting factor is the road derailleurs don't have the required firmware programming to do the synchro thing. The sprint shifters can plug direct into the junction box, but you'd need to jig up cable extensions to reach, because they only have short tails to reach the main shifters.

It's rumoured that Synchro will be available with next-generation Dura-Ace, expected next year.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Still rumour and speculation, but with a bit of basis. There were rumours it would be launched this year, but there is no mention in any of the official news releases that have been out for a couple of months now. Next year ties in with Shimano's standard production cycle.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
There were leaks and rumours that it was to be updated this year to compete against SRAMS eTap.

Do you have any word on what the official availability of XT Di2 is going to be here? In particular the updated battery

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Still rumour and speculation, but with a bit of basis. There were rumours it (new Dura-Ace) would be launched this year, but there is no mention in any of the official news releases that have been out for a couple of months now. Next year ties in with Shimano's standard production cycle.
Contrary to my earlier belief, Shimano have ripped the covers off new R9100 Dura-Ace. As rumoured, Synchro shift is now available, along with a new "Semi-synchro" which automagically does ratio-jump-reducing rear shifts when the front derailleur is manually shifted. No idea yet if semi-synchro will transfer to XTR & XT, but I kinda doubt it, given the whole point of Synchro is to make the front shifter redundant to fit other stuff on.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Contrary to my earlier belief, Shimano have ripped the covers off new R9100 Dura-Ace. As rumoured, Synchro shift is now available, along with a new "Semi-synchro" which automagically does ratio-jump-reducing rear shifts when the front derailleur is manually shifted. No idea yet if semi-synchro will transfer to XTR & XT, but I kinda doubt it, given the whole point of Synchro is to make the front shifter redundant to fit other stuff on.
And with the new battery and junction box you can upgrade your Ui2 as well to the new syncro + bluetooth.....sweet