Transition Scout Carboner!! Now Complete

dano_mtb

Likes Dirt
Always loved the look of the Transition Scout alloys and after test riding my mates last week I knew I had to have one.

Literally the day after I decided that I wanted one Transition releases the carbon version.

So now I have my hands on a Tasty new Grey Carbon Scout frame.

I should have all the parts by the end of the week and have it ready to shred this weekend.

Spec wise I'm going to put a 150mm Fox 34 on the front, Thompson dropper post and XTR 1X11 grear,

Not sure what wheels yet but for now probably use some Crank Brothers Iodines that I have.

Attachments

Last edited:

mint355

Likes Dirt
Sweet!Wondered how long before we'd see one on here.... I love my Patrol carbon, such a stout frame. I'd like to see a carbon smuggler soon!! Good luck with the build are you going to get a frame skin for it?

dano_mtb

Likes Dirt
Sweet!Wondered how long before we'd see one on here.... I love my Patrol carbon, such a stout frame. I'd like to see a carbon smuggler soon!! Good luck with the build are you going to get a frame skin for it?
Frame Skin Australia don't have a skin for the Scout yet but I'll apply some sort of protection on it.

mint355

Likes Dirt
Frame Skin Australia don't have a skin for the Scout yet but I'll apply some sort of protection on it.
When I got my frame they didnt have the kits either. By the time I had all the parts together about a week later they had the kits drawn up and on the cutter.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

xero

Supersports
As far as the Frame Skin goes, We are about to test a Carbon Patrol skin on the Carbon Scout... We are pretty sure it should be good....
But, I'll update here once its done. Prob over the weekend.
Large size is available and we are about to send a M size down to the guys for sizing.

dunndog

Eats Squid
Don't suppose you are wanting a frameskin for that patrol? I have a spare, after ordering a frame and a mix up resulted in 2 frameskins.. for a large frame..

mint355

Likes Dirt
Don't suppose you are wanting a frameskin for that patrol? I have a spare, after ordering a frame and a mix up resulted in 2 frameskins.. for a large frame..
Sorry for the hijack.... pm'ed you

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

T.3

Likes Dirt
Congratulations, these look so fun. Looking forward to the build photos. Another bike that punches well above what it's travel numbers suggest by all accounts. Enjoy.

dano_mtb

Likes Dirt
Two rides so far and this bike is DYNAMITE!!!

Complete specs are as follows

Frame - 2017 Transition Scout Carbon, Medium
Rear shock - Rock Shox Monarch debonair
Front shock/fork - Fox 34 Fit4, 150mm
Handlebars -Race Face SIXC, cut to 770mm
Stem - Race Face Atlas 35 clamp, 35mm length
Headset - Cane Creek
Grips - Odi Flow
Saddle - SDG Circuit Ti alloy
Seatpost - Thomson Covert Elite
Front brake - Shimano XTR Trail
Rear brake - Shimano XTR Trail
Cranks - Sram XX1 with Absolute Black 32t Oval ring
Chainguide - Specialized
Chain - XT 11 SPEED
Pedals - XT Clip ins
Rear derailleur - Shimano XTR 11 speed
Rear shifter - Shimano XTR 11 speed
Cassette - SRAM X1
Front hub - IBIS BRAND
Rear hub - DT SWISS 350
Front rim - IBIS 741 Carbon
Rear rim - Stans FLOW EX
Tyres - Front tyre: Maxxis Minion DHR2 2.4 EXO Wide trail, Rear Tyre: Maxxis IKON EXO 2.35
Tubes - Tubeless
Total weight - 12.58

Attachments

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
10/10 would bang.

SOOOOOO tidy!

Any reason you went the 150mm fork over 140? How's it compare to the ally one you test rode?

Last edited:

allan.taylor64

Likes Dirt
Pretty much my dream bike right there.... Shame transitions are so expensive in aus. Assuming you went through supersports directly?

xero

Supersports
Pretty much my dream bike right there.... Shame transitions are so expensive in aus. Assuming you went through supersports directly?
Given our "real" currency conversion,GST and cost of freight ,Aus pricing is actually pretty spot on in comparison to US, and almost exact against the UK and Europe.
( you can't go by the likes of XE currency. They only give the actual trade rate ( what the banks buy for ), not what importers / businesses/ consumers pay.)
US taxes are not included in the US list price either. - funnily enough, we are actually cheaper than some US states once consumer taxes are added.

Both us and Transition work pretty hard to keep pricing consistent US V AUD V UK V Euro
Always happy to discuss further via email too.

Beautiful build .. Looks amazing!!!

Last edited:

dano_mtb

Likes Dirt
10/10 would bang.

SOOOOOO tidy!

Any reason you went the 150mm fork over 140? How's it compare to the ally one you test rode?
Thanks mate, yeah she is nice to ride ;)

I chose 150mm forks because that's what I already had from a previous build and have no plans on dropping to a 140mm fork. Feels great as is

My mates Alloy one was good. But Carbon is just so much stiffer, lighter and looks much nicer.
I don't see any negatives moving to Carbon from alloy except for the massive price difference,lol

Ideate

"Whippy. That's the most accurate word to describe the ride of the Scout Carbon. The bike's dialed trail geometry and laterally stiff carbon frame makes it one of the most playful, grin-inducing bikes on the market today." - Ryan Palmer, Bike Magazine.

SOLD!