Kona Honzo - 99% fat free

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
You obviously prioritised your Honzo build over a new outdoor setting...

Z

Zaf

baby got back... and front. :fat:

You're a god damned animal!!!
Go mount those tyres again with the valve stem lining up to the first X in Maxxis like a gentleman who owns a Honzo!

Other than that, those tyres looks pretty baller!!! If and when I break the spending ban I might just have to give some 6fatties a go.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
You're a god damned animal!!!
Go mount those tyres again with the valve stem lining up to the first X in Maxxis like a gentleman who owns a Honzo!

Other than that, those tyres looks pretty baller!!! If and when I break the spending ban I might just have to give some 6fatties a go.
Realised I stuffed up the rear, think I lined up the maxxis logo on the NDS (they never line up on opposing sides!)
I've always put the valve on the model side, and centred the maxxis logo 180 degrees away. :noidea:

Z

Zaf

Realised I stuffed up the rear, think I lined up the maxxis logo on the NDS (they never line up on opposing sides!)
I've always put the valve on the model side, and centred the maxxis logo 180 degrees away. :noidea:
If you line up with the First X in Maxxis they align on both sides.
But it's a non issue! Just a nice detail. TBH, the Maxxis Minion DHF i have on my Flow EX's wasn't lined up when I mounted it, and on murdered out or stealthed rims, it's less of an issue because you need to actively look to see the valve stem. Bit more noticeable on branded rims, especially if it's askew from decals.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
is fat, is good.

a combination of the EXO casings stiffer sidewall, and going to 2.8" on both ends has reduced the little bit of squirminess i experienced (i'm also running close to 5psi less on each end than the schwalbes at ~16/14psi)
the honzo is a touch narrower in the rear than the enduro, and the tyre never touched the frame.. so perfect width for both, i can also run a front mudguard again too.

touch wood i had no pedal strikes, or chain ring attacking logs either... although i think bumping the fork up a touch is still ideal, 130 should do.

i've only ridden this trail on my enduro with 29" wheels before; but on this mornings ride i set quite a few PR's, so something is working.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
2.8!! YES! How much and where from!?
What he said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
prepare your anus...

Jonny Sprockets in Toowoomba has the first 10 pairs of DHF and DHRII into Australia (and seemingly the only place worldwide i've been able to find them) for a hair under $100 each.

these are proper tyres too, not the paper thin things everyone else is releasing to keep weights in check. ~1000g each, same as my 29x2.5 DHF.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Nice rig Mitchy! I like the little splashes of colour.

Back in the day I used to run a 2.7 or 2.8 minion, hopefully they come back or you can find some really NOS for you fat footed types....

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Nice rig Mitchy! I like the little splashes of colour.

Back in the day I used to run a 2.7 or 2.8 minion, hopefully they come back or you can find some really NOS for you fat footed types....
Thanks! I added some blue crank boots and offensively bright green grips last night. figured I could afford a bit of colour on this bike...

The monster minions are fun, but I think the 29" wheels better suit the honzo. Big minions are now on the enduro, making it almost literally unstoppable.