Post your all mountain bike

Tubeless

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Promising, started with a fire road climb and despite being less than light it motored up pretty good, keeps good pace on flat single track and the bomb down, on high speed rock was better than expected, tracked true and for 105mm rear I was impressed. My other rides are ROS9 and 2016 Carbon Enduro and it sat between them on the downs pace wise. Bigger ride tomorrow and will play with suspension air pressure and tyre pressures a bit, all in all , feeling good.
But more importantly ...does it wheelie?

Delazy

Got a new bike!
Yep, very nice, sweet coily.

Next on my list is Carbon bars and a shorter stem, properly add some more bands to the rear shock too to give a bit more support. The Pikes have 2 tokens and that's bang on at the moment and the shock has 2 bands but is lacking.

If I can't get the Monarch to a level I'm happy with I'll look at some other options. Seen a DVO fork on a bike last week and copped a feel. More plush than the Pike, probably due to the fact that the neg side has a helper coil spring which is adjustable. Maybe an upgrade later and very green too.
i found the same thing with the monarch...spent abit of time playing around with it and finally bit the bullet with the coil il...

unfortunately the sight frame doesnt really allow for many shock options...not nearly enough clearance to run external res shocks easily/neatly...

rstim

Likes Dirt

My new ride 2015 Nukeproof Mega AM comp mostly stock except for 150mm reverb, 780 rental fatbar and shorter stem. First dual suspension bike after maiden voyage wow it just eats up the rough stuff heaps of fun until the rear hub decided to stop engaging

Last edited:

placebo

Likes Dirt
My new rig. 2017 Transition Patrol carbon.
I love it and have named it Denzel.
Denzel loves to smash shit up.
I've got an earlier alloy Patrol, which I just put all my old 26 inch shit on, and it's awesome. The 2017s have improved on those with an improved shock rate apparently.

Also fwiw, the wreckoning I posted above is a 160mm talas.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge

My new ride 2015 Nukeproof Mega AM comp mostly stock except for 150mm reverb, 780 rental fatbar and shorter stem. First dual suspension bike after maiden voyage wow it just eats up the rough stuff heaps of fun until the rear hub decided to stop engaging
Looks like the rear wheel has left the realm of roundness too.

#knuckleswasadrunkenchunt

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
There's nothing like a bike with a co-ordinated colour scheme. And that looks nothing like a bike with a co-ordinated colour scheme.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
There's nothing like a bike with a co-ordinated colour scheme. And that looks nothing like a bike with a co-ordinated colour scheme.
C'mon, at least give him props for sourcing and using, Yeti branded, turquoise cable ties.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
These are a thing?
I'm making an assumption, but seriously, why pay $1.00 per 100 when you can pay $32 each for the real thing. It's a well known fact, non OE cable ties are responsible for a large number of rear triangle failures.....and child poverty.

kiwijohn

Likes Dirt
I do need to change the grips.
I'm making an assumption, but seriously, why pay $1.00 per 100 when you can pay $32 each for the real thing. It's a well known fact, non OE cable ties are responsible for a large number of rear triangle failures.....and child poverty.

I've learned my lesson there. Swingarm number 4.

Last edited: