The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Hence my anger about getting wifi compromise just for living in a regional area (not remote btw, im only 50km from the cbd of the countries 7th largest city),

I get no paved road, no town water or gas! if only I could pay a smaller regional tax rate...
as this is the election thread I just want to point out that NOBODY in the last federal election was going to give me a decent internet connection in the future
Its a shame as I am looking at running a technology based start-up from home, there was a lot of talk/bullshit about STE(A)M and innovation at the last election but nobody actually followed through in a way which would help out my situation
Damn hillbillies. You probably don't pay tax on your moonshine either!

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Indeed - not many internet active folk on my Optus Cable street. But I'd like a little more than 2Mbps upload ... sharing vids of the toddler with the grandparents is painfully slow.

Here is my NBN stats at work. I totally overlooked stirks Woolongong friend's latency when commenting earlier. 52ms is indeed quite slow.

Fibre to the premises pretty damn impressive. I'd be happy with a fifth of that upload speed at home.
Its an unfortunate by product of the network being built initially for delivery of TV, aim it all down stream.

I miss the 200x200 cable connection I had in Amsterdam.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
I just watched Q&A with Jay Weatherill (sp ?) He is pretty impressive IMO.
good communication skills, not condescending ... I didn't get a 'snake oil salesmen' vibe off him like I do with Baird and I somewhat like Baird. This is all based on one viewing, so pinch of salt aye.

I thought his approach to the nuclear storage thing is pretty level headed, with equal weight to, both economics and social considerations (including indigenous). I haven't followed this at all, but I thought his approach was very considered and moderate.

Overall, I thought he had SA at heart as opposed to self interest.

what do you South Aussies think of him?

scblack

Leucocholic
I just watched Q&A with Jay Weatherill (sp ?) He is pretty impressive IMO.
good communication skills, not condescending ... I didn't get a 'snake oil salesmen' vibe off him like I do with Baird and I somewhat like Baird. This is all based on one viewing, so pinch of salt aye.

I thought his approach to the nuclear storage thing is pretty level headed, with equal weight to, both economics and social considerations (including indigenous). I haven't followed this at all, but I thought his approach was very considered and moderate.

Overall, I thought he had SA at heart as opposed to self interest.

what do you South Aussies think of him?
SA people have no power to get on the Internet to reply to you. That may give a hint to their reply...

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
SA people have no power to get on the Internet to reply to you. That may give a hint to their reply...
Please don't tell me you're subscribing to that dumb arse anti renewable campaign Limited News ran...? That was some pretty blatant bullshit, even for them.

scblack

Leucocholic
Please don't tell me you're subscribing to that dumb arse anti renewable campaign Limited News ran...? That was some pretty blatant bullshit, even for them.
The ENTIRE state has been blacked out by this storm. Whether that's caused by renewables I don't give a shit, they have left the power supply of the whole state vulnerable. Its piss poor management.

Where the hell am I talking about any media story? Obviously you are HEAVILY influenced and follow News Limited closely. I am not, and don't read them much at all. Just because YOU are reacting to them in every waking moment, do not be naïve enough to think others need the same influences to form their own opinion.

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Renewable energy will get the blame. Let's knock down all the wind turbines so this never happens again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Renewable energy will get the blame. Let's knock down all the wind turbines so this never happens again.

You do realise they are ugly right? I am pretty sure their honour guard as you enter Canberra is the primary reason that people don't immediately pick our nation's capital as their primary holiday location.

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You do realise they are ugly right? I am pretty sure their honour guard as you enter Canberra is the primary reason that people don't immediately pick our nation's capital as their primary holiday location.
The evidence is adding up

Freediver

I can go full Karen
The blackout in SA was caused by over 100 000 lightening strikes hitting the state. The three high voltage lines that supply the state got destroyed. It wouldn't have mattered where the power came from, the whole system was toasted.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The blackout in SA was caused by over 100 000 lightening strikes hitting the state. The three high voltage lines that supply the state got destroyed. It wouldn't have mattered where the power came from, the whole system was toasted.

All those windmills...they are really tall Lightening magnets.