The gaming thread

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
I,m trying to like Assetto Corsa on PS4 but its just not happening
Its like its only half finished , but they still released it
Gone back to Project Cars
Assetto Corsa is really too simulator-y for more people. I've got bot Project Cars and Assetto Corsa. Project Cars is more fun if you want to casually pick it up and play for a bit. It's a lot better visually too.

Assetto Corsa is a lot tougher. Short races are not satisfying though. I'm looking forward to next Saturday for Bathurst to see how I go in the hot-laps against real life. :)

Not sure what it's like on PS4, but it feels finished on PC.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I finished Fallout 4 yesty. I feel...........not sure actually. The end of the main quest line questions your feelings on some stuff but I am happy with what I went with.

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
[video=youtube;tm1uuGObGwA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm1uuGObGwA[/video]

Maybe I will finally get my refund.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Mafia III anyone?
Still getting through MGSV but I think that will be next.
Bought it at the weekend. As far as setting, storyline, dialogue, soundtrack and cut-scenes go, it's amazing.

Unfortunately as far as gameplay goes, there's some hilariously dumb AI, repetitive quests and the worst lighting I've ever experienced in a game.

Still loving it though

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I found the ending really really meh

actually even more meh than meh
Yeah, I kind of agree, it was a bit too ..............humane maybe? Like they were trying to preach something to us? I stuck with the Brotherhood and pulverized the fuck out of everyone else!

jarrod839

Banned
Got a xbox one last week for gears 4 and its just awesome possibly best gears yet but multi-player sux as its just Muppets running around with shot guns. And scored ryse son of rome for $18 and even though the controls are clunky its something different and over the top violence.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Starting to enjoy the division more, got a good DZ squad I've been running with & have learned how to use the perks properly. There's nothing quite like seeing a group doing decent cover to cover moves while laying down suppressive fire. I know it's not for everyone but as a casual gamer it's easy to pick up play for a few hours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

\m/ Moshboy \m/

Likes Dirt
+1, you must have some serious time on your hands to roll back to 1985 for a while. Nice one........
That is AWESOME. Good lad! Have you used it yet?
Pick it up over the weekend. Will live at my sisters place, so this will greatly minimise the potential time spent on it.

It's loaded up to the wazoo with titles, 14,000 odd from various platforms, like, Super Nintendo, Sega, Atari & Mame being the BIG one. I figure if only 10% of 'em are any good, that's still more games than I'll ever need, or use.

Looking forward to reliving some of my youth with Galaga, Gyruss, Shadow Dancer, Moon Patrol, Street Fighter, 1942, Double Dragon.

Feel free to nominate your top 3 arcade games from the 80's. This will help greatly with sorting out the quality stuff, from the meh stuff.

Last edited:

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski

Not sure if I've posted this, but I've made one using a thin client pc I found in the bin at work, a 22" screen a mate gave me, a $20 Ikea table with a glass top I picked up on Gumtree, a trip to bunnings for hinges and timber, my wifes computer speakers (she was so impressed with this!), and some pre built controllers I got for $20 each on ebay.

To be fair, I put a lot of hours into it and it's not super pretty. But it plays everything from Atari to PSP, the wife has accepted it's existence, and I can now entertain myself with pew pew action while she's watching TV. Do scrolling shooters ever get old?