anyone missing a YT? possible dodgey ebay ad

hazza6542

Eats Squid
I wonder sometimes if ads like this are stolen bikes or folk that wanted to try bikes who have too much money and didn't like it. Seems suss

beno

Cycle Solutions
to cheap, no bike lingo, its not something you buy on the net without a bit of knowledge of bikes. suss to me. Id love a $3500 bike for $600 but not at the expense of another mountain biker!

hazza6542

Eats Squid
to cheap, no bike lingo, its not something you buy on the net without a bit of knowledge of bikes. suss to me. Id love a $3500 bike for $600 but not at the expense of another mountain biker!
ohh didn't realise what that was worth. Is there some way you can anon report it?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Have to agree it's more of a bike that an enthusiast would own, seeing no description on components and very little about the bike is a worry.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Curious. That bike looks brand new - red plastic film still on the seat and chain stays, tires still have vent spews on them. Never been ridden by the looks of it. Why would it be missing a derailleur though...

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
Is that... window tint that's been used as a frameskin on the back?!?

It looks completely unridden. I would guess stolen from a shop. Nothing on stolen bikes FB or website though.

Last edited:

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
Curious. That bike looks brand new - red plastic film still on the seat and chain stays, tires still have vent spews on them. Never been ridden by the looks of it. Why would it be missing a derailleur though...
Ice is a hell of a drug?

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
It's a good chance he was afraid of the GPS tracker in all gear changing parts and has buried it somewhere.
Or maybe he got his own GPS ankle bracelet stuck in the mech and had to dispose of them both together...

DeBloot

Feeling old
I reckon this stinks - I've seen this bike for $5000 online order only

So I thought it worth a quick phone call and email to Mt Waverley police
He can only do something if it is reported stolen

if it's not, I'm bidding

Juan Dinger

Likes Bikes
That is bloody cheap, even at the buy it now price. Also "local pick up only". For a bike that is only available via ordering one online, and looks pretty much brand new, you would think they would have no issue freighting it again, as they would have the box that it came with and all !! Definitely dodgy !!

BT180

Max Pfaff
Someone should post a question to the seller, asking why the gear changing part is missing, and demand a discount because it's not there.

moorey

call me Mia
My mate messaged seller. Says owner is deceased. Doesn't know anything about the bike. I'm convinced.