anyone missing a YT? possible dodgey ebay ad

DeBloot

Feeling old
The Bike is defiantly stolen, no reply message and ad taken down hummmmmmmmm dodgy. a buyer has the rights to check if item is stolen before purchasing.
what i cant get is how many people have their bikes stolen. reading the stories posted on rotorburn just makes me laugh. I've never had my bike stolen. i am not a dumbass who locks it up down stairs of a apartment building, at shops or leaving your garage door open too let the world see what you got, your just advertising "Hey you!! come & take me!!"
my ride comes with me at all times or gets put way after every ride, if i get told you cant have your bike in here i respond with this "if you had a Ferrari would you park it here and leave the keys in it?" then say "if i do lock it up and i gets stolen are you going to reimburse me hummm no..."
In today's age people carry around cordless angle grinders acouple of spare batteries and you have the keys to the city. not a huge pair of bolt cutters that the handles sticking halfway out a bag.
Aren't you the genius that spooked him by asking for the serial number so you could do a police check?
Yep - you are one switched on dude

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
what i cant get is how many people have their bikes stolen. reading the stories posted on rotorburn just makes me laugh. I've never had my bike stolen. i am not a dumbass who locks it up down stairs of a apartment building, at shops or leaving your garage door open too let the world see what you got, your just advertising "Hey you!! come & take me!!"
my ride comes with me at all times or gets put way after every ride, if i get told you cant have your bike in here i respond with this "if you had a Ferrari would you park it here and leave the keys in it?" then say "if i do lock it up and i gets stolen are you going to reimburse me hummm no..."
Is that you Donald? Haven't you got a country to ruin, I mean run?

Last edited:

Jeffgre_6163

Likes Dirt
My mate messaged seller. Says owner is deceased. Doesn't know anything about the bike. I'm convinced.
This can and does happen, although I am aware that this is not the case here.
Back in the day when I was riding motos I owned a KTM 400 EXC that the ignition stator coil [from memory] shit itself. I was going to be up for $750 to replace it [which I really didn't have] when a friend of a friend said he knew a bloke who knew a bloke in Alice Springs who had a shed load of parts to get rid of.
I contacted the bloke and he confirmed that his desert racing brother had been killed in a MVA and he had the sad job of getting rid of his bike and parts although he knew nothing about any of the stuff.
A few basic checks re the accident and name cross check and sure enough it checked out.
I got a ton of spare parts, long range tank, levers, tyres plus what I really needed dead cheap.

While it was sad I kinda think the guy would have approved of helping out a fellow enthusiast.

moorey

call me Mia
This can and does happen, although I am aware that this is not the case here.
Back in the day when I was riding motos I owned a KTM 400 EXC that the ignition stator coil [from memory] shit itself. I was going to be up for $750 to replace it [which I really didn't have] when a friend of a friend said he knew a bloke who knew a bloke in Alice Springs who had a shed load of parts to get rid of.
I contacted the bloke and he confirmed that his desert racing brother had been killed in a MVA and he had the sad job of getting rid of his bike and parts although he knew nothing about any of the stuff.
A few basic checks re the accident and name cross check and sure enough it checked out.
I got a ton of spare parts, long range tank, levers, tyres plus what I really needed dead cheap.

While it was sad I kinda think the guy would have approved of helping out a fellow enthusiast.
Of course there are genuine deceased sales..but as you said, that's not what's going on here.