Drop bar dropper remote hack

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
am looking for clamp ideas to fit a dropper remote to my cross bars diameter 23.8mm, as opposed to normal mtb grip diameter of 22.2mm, its for a cable, not a hydraulic. also the shifters are SS, so can't use the 2x/3x of the front derailleur shifting. thanks

linkl8r

Likes Dirt
KS southpaw should work on that diameter mate. It's an open two part clamp.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Lev lever (the standard one) would probably work as well, and look a fair bit neater on a drop bar than say a southpaw. You are welcome to mine if you want it...
You say the "shifters are SS"? Confused by this, but guessing you mean that they are brake levers only not brifiters. Installing one (or both) brifters would be by far the neatest

LPG

likes thicc birds
Lev lever (the standard one) would probably work as well, and look a fair bit neater on a drop bar than say a southpaw. You are welcome to mine if you want it...
You say the "shifters are SS"? Confused by this, but guessing you mean that they are brake levers only not brifiters. Installing one (or both) brifters would be by far the neatest
If this is the case you may be able to hack a brifter (removing the indexing ability) to activate the dropper. You would have to check how much pull you need on the cable compared to the pull available on the brifter.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Check the Mountain Biking Australia website ... Mr Hardwick had a CX with KS post and he outlines a mod for the remote ... Or email me as I'm sure KS sent me an article outlining a mod for a dropper.

note, better to check MBA ... I'll be slow on email Soz, mayhem at present