Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Strip mine for drive train and electrics then clean swap. Swap chassis and restore the 54 pan in the background, then swap back when it's done (air ride).

How big is the stereo set up?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Duplicate vin plates :)

stirk

Burner
Strip mine for drive train and electrics then clean swap. Swap chassis and restore the 54 pan in the background, then swap back when it's done (air ride).

How big is the stereo set up?

You'll be pumping out resto's like Binner soon!

Stereo is nothing too crazy, 6" 40RMS rockford fosgate component speakers, installing into new side board I'm making. The original panel wouldn't hold a heavy speaker to well. I'll also throw in a USB port each side for the kids to charge their devices on long trips. For the covering on the MDF I'll try and find some pale blue vinyl to match the rest of the interior.

Sub woofer to follow after I've gotten the speakers in, just a small underseat one, don't want to go full doof doof, that would embarass the wife.......em on second thoughts!

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Duplicate vin plates :)
Tempting to have a pan with the 1776cc and the og with the 36hp motor. But I never break the law...

You'll be pumping out resto's like Binner soon!

Stereo is nothing too crazy, 6" 40RMS rockford fosgate component speakers, installing into new side board I'm making. The original panel wouldn't hold a heavy speaker to well. I'll also throw in a USB port each side for the kids to charge their devices on long trips. For the covering on the MDF I'll try and find some pale blue vinyl to match the rest of the interior.

Sub woofer to follow after I've gotten the speakers in, just a small underseat one, don't want to go full doof doof, that would embarass the wife.......em on second thoughts!
Nah you don't need doof doof, but ya do need double kick! It's funny, lower powered speakers without an amp will sound better than powerful speakers without an amp. Too many people buy killer speakers that only run on the head unit and they're not any louder or better quality. While the doors are out some quick roof kind of sound insulation goes a long way. Don't bother with dynamat, the cheap stuff from bunnings is great.

I'm sure you've heard the foz stereo driving by before, whole set up was around $600 and it's plenty good enough.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Spare (free) engine to make mounts etc and test fit in and out. Motor drank a gutful of water. One rod snapped and through the dide of the block. This is my favourite though, twisted and bent.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
In better condition than I expected, it's 99% complete so all original, definitely some problems but I like the project.

binner

Hath shat hymself
geebus

holy cow man, you just keep finding don't you :thumb: i haven't been playing with Vw's lately now that my subi conversion is all done but I have been restoring and converting a trailer into a camp trailer and cleaning up a trike for my daughter to rip up big slides on.....

Attachments

Flow-Rider

Burner
In better condition than I expected,

Good one.
holy cow man, you just keep finding don't you :thumb: i haven't been playing with Vw's lately now that my subi conversion is all done but I have been restoring and converting a trailer into a camp trailer and cleaning up a trike for my daughter to rip up big slides on.....
Too much time on your hands.:thumb:

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
The Mini is sure not making life easy for me, but it is my own fault for leaving it alone for too long....

Got it to turn over a few weeks back, but the little A-Series - all 1330cc of it - needs a surprising load of battery grunt to get it to turn over, and even brand-spanking new the relatively little battery in the Sube just doesn't deliver. So I lashed out & grabbed a decent second-hand battery from a wrecker, which packs a lot more grunt, so now the engine turns over much more reasonably. Took a bit of dicking around, with pulling out engine block plugs & injecting oil into various holes to prime the oil pump, but I now have oil pressure too. That's the good bit.....
Fuel pump seems to have a great dislike for pumping fuel (yes, there is some in the tanks - pretend Cooper S, it has twin tanks), and the sparky bits aren't too keen on sparking. There's some spark visible when the plugs are pulled out of the head, but weak and intermittent. So that could be coil, leads, dizzy, plugs, any combination of them, plus a fuel pump on the shopping list.....

Last edited:

stirk

Burner
Project Motorbike!

It's a good evening as I have a green light to start a motorbike project. A green light is required to forgive the time I'll be spending on the project and riding it with happy face on the weekends.

The project will be a minimal cafe racer build but not flashy with brown leather and wrapped pipes, open face helmet douche bag, more just a simple stripped down bike to enhance performance and yes looks to achieve that style which is true to the original cafe racers of the 40's 50's. My short list bikes are either a Moto Guzzi 850 or Kawasaki KZ650 as I've had these bikes in the past so have knowledge about them and an emotional attachment to them.

Budget wise I'll start with the Kawasaki and hopefully barn find a decent guzzi one day. I'll never forgive myself for selling the guzzi!

Anyone have a suitable Kawaka circa late 70's early 80's laying about collecting dust? :)......

Also any links to suitable forums and sites welcome, I've been trawling the webs and collecting sites but good forums are hard to find.

Stirk is looking forward to the next motorbike journey!

stirk

Burner
Let the fun begin!

I picked up a clean z650, that happened quickly!!

Looks fairly clean and is complete so it's a good base to start from.

IMG_20170805_142609-1040x751.jpg

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I'd give a left testy for a mint 240z!
I'd probably not give up a nut, but would probably step over a corpse of my making for one of the factory remanufactured 240Z that Nissan made in the US in the 90's...

D01

Likes Dirt
Z cars never appealed to me, and the guy at the Z car wreckers up the road from me used to always give me shit for my 1600.

I still have the 1600, it's been languishing in my shed for years. I'd love to get it back on the road, but I'm always using the excuse of time and money, when really I don't think I have the skills.