What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Converted the wheels on the kid hauler to tubeless with some awesome $3.50 schrader valves from eBay https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/162086945443

This bike is on the wrong side of 20kg, with kid we're at about 36kg. Makes climbing 300meters brutal. Soon to piss off the frame for a norco sasquatch.

Nice forks!! ;-)

I spent yesterday prepping and painting the daughters bike, this afternoon showing her how it goes back together. She's asked for a black/pink theme, got a bunch of cheap eBay stuff on its way to pinken it up...

(having a good laugh there because she's got the cranks at 90deg and just realised... I'd never get that wrong :p)

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Nice forks!! ;-)

I spent yesterday prepping and painting the daughters bike, this afternoon showing her how it goes back together. She's asked for a black/pink theme, got a bunch of cheap eBay stuff on its way to pinken it up...

(having a good laugh there because she's got the cranks at 90deg and just realised... I'd never get that wrong :p)

Haven't fixed that forks rebound adjuster yet. Requires a full cartridge rebuild I suspect.

Shifted the rim from the front wheel to the rear, and new bearings in the rear hub. Couldn't get that rear dinged rim to seal tubeless.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Haven't fixed that forks rebound adjuster yet. Requires a full cartridge rebuild I suspect.

Shifted the rim from the front wheel to the rear, and new bearings in the rear hub. Couldn't get that rear dinged rim to seal tubeless.
Bugger about the rims, I obviously didn't look closely enough at them. I'll probably have a set of rims you can have sometime soon if you're keen, either the 823s that are currently built up or the descendants I have gathering dust if I can't muster the motivation to swap them around.

I know the 'fit' stuff from fox is a pain to service, but I thought the older stuff was a bit more achievable? More reasons to just stick with rockshox I guess.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Bugger about the rims, I obviously didn't look closely enough at them. I'll probably have a set of rims you can have sometime soon if you're keen, either the 823s that are currently built up or the descendants I have gathering dust if I can't muster the motivation to swap them around.

I know the 'fit' stuff from fox is a pain to service, but I thought the older stuff was a bit more achievable? More reasons to just stick with rockshox I guess.

It's all good. FIT cartridges are indeed fun to play with. I've a few in the collection now.

Let me know when you're swapping rims/wheels around, always keen to take a look at anything 26", I do fear one day it will dry up.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Picked up a gopro shuttle during the week so took it out on the rides this weekend.
Yesterday wife and I both had pretty reasonable crashes (both on film both due to trying harder lines... mine was an invented line, hers a log ride)
Today took the kids and a friend who is new to mtb out for some trails in Daisy Hill. Kids did well with their confidence improving over logs etc (both raced bmx as juniors). Friend also improved after seeing a 6 year old jumping and getting over logs etc. and figuring out he could get over the logs too.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I took the pivot out for.some thrashing at the local resort. It was a great day for railing berms and sending it!

Also saw quite a few female riders up there giving a solid go, riding some sweet rigs, and seemingly having a great time. It is good to see the sport's appeal going beyond the wild gang of middle aged huckwits and teenagers frothing on dirt jumping their 29er xc bikes.

And not an e-bike in sight.

Jeffgre_6163

Likes Dirt
Used silcon spray to polish the frame after washing the bike a few days ago. Took it out in the mud yesterday and when I got home I was amazed how easy the mud came off.. It just slid off with a wipe.. Can't believe it took me years to find out about this trick.. I am sure like most things in life it's too good be true.. So whats the up shot is it good or bad? I sprayed the rag rather than the frame and didn't put any near the brakes..
I've used Selleys 808 Silcone spray on my matt black carbon frame/wheels after every wash for 2 1/2 years.
Makes it look brand new, in fact I had a bloke ask me if I had a new bike on Friday, its done 3-4 rides a week for 2 1/2 years!
Just make sure you don't spray the discs or callipers and its fine
I spray directly on the bike and wipe off

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Took part in a 24hr adventure race with a friend, preparation had been a bit of an issue and results showed it. Still, we got our money's worth and survived to tell the tale despite the elements trying to kill me a few times. Space blanket FTW! Riding components added to 99.5km on the gps, I stood for the last 5km or so as my ass was too sore to sit down.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
New Nextie AM35mm wheels, built with PRO4's and DT Aero Comps. Just waiting to the Slime Yellow (gold) crank wraps from Slik Graphics, they have been in aus for 5 days now, hopefully tomorrow.

Attachments

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cracking bike there ozzy.. Love to know your thoughts on the nextie's. Please do share I am confused about which IW to go with.

ozzybmx

Cracking bike there ozzy.. Love to know your thoughts on the nextie's. Please do share I am confused about which IW to go with.
Nice! What did that set you back, if you don't mind me asking? Did you get them from premium MTB?
No, I get them direct from Brian at Nextie direct as I get a bit of a special price on the rims... maybe why there is 7 sets in my garage. They are on all bikes except my CX which has my old XC enves.

Evil - 35AM
Indyfab - 30XC
Trek - 30XC
Roadie - 38RC
Fat - 90WD
29+ singlespeed - 52JF
Bare set of road carbon/kevlar prototypes unbuilt

They are great rims and a awesome customer service, I have broken the bead on the front of my 29+ by low pressure and hitting a sharp rock, also pulled a nipple through a rim by over tensioning. Had new one's here 3-4 weeks later, also had a few mates do silly things with them (bike rack and hot exhaust/levering the tyre bead on with a screwdriver and 110psi in the tyre) and same story, replaced within 3-4 weeks.
Great rims with unlimited customisation to match any bike.
The only thing I can say about them is measure the ERD yourself, not sure how Nextie measures it but its consistently ~5mm shy.

ozzybmx

Nice! What did that set you back, if you don't mind me asking?
Spokes and hubs from Bike24, cheapest place for hope these days.
Front Pro4 - $86au
Rear Pro4 - $218au
DT Aero Comp spokes - $129au

So $433au plus the price of the rims, currently $180usd which is $228au a rim, including postage you could build a set yourself for under $950.

Nextie had their 4yr anniversary deal last month where they were doing $35usd off per rim, that would have save nearly another $100 off the price.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Spokes and hubs from Bike24, cheapest place for hope these days.
Front Pro4 - $86au
Rear Pro4 - $218au
DT Aero Comp spokes - $129au

So $433au plus the price of the rims, currently $180usd which is $228au a rim, including postage you could build a set yourself for under $950.

Nextie had their 4yr anniversary deal last month where they were doing $35usd off per rim, that would have save nearly another $100 off the price.
Cool, thanks dude. Will probably end up going down the complete wheelset route when I'm ready to pull the trigger.

ozzybmx

fuuuuuuuuck thats a nice bike.

Makes me want tan walls for my scout.
Ive been smashing these tyres on rocky trails for about 2 months now, no punctures, no issues and great grip, the Onza skinwalls are FRC (freeride casing)

I had tanwall Ardents a while back. Started a 24h race at 2pm, before it got dark, both were dead with sidewall rubs/cuts. The sidewalls on them are like custard.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bought Kid A his first pedal bike, a Specialized Rip Rock 12. Was 50/50 on it given the size to weight thing, and now after handling it all afternoon and looking at how hard it is to lighten it, I'm starting to regret it. It weighs a fcking ton and they have not tried at all to cut down on the weight. Steel rims, steel fork, steel fcking handlebars - I had foolishly assumed all were Alu. Coming off the cruzee where they tried hard to keep it lightweight, it's a kick in the guts. First and last specialized in this household methinks.

ozzybmx

Bought Kid A his first pedal bike, a Specialized Rip Rock 12. Was 50/50 on it given the size to weight thing, and now after handling it all afternoon and looking at how hard it is to lighten it, I'm starting to regret it. It weighs a fcking ton and they have not tried at all to cut down on the weight. Steel rims, steel fork, steel fcking handlebars - I had foolishly assumed all were Alu. Coming off the cruzee where they tried hard to keep it lightweight, it's a kick in the guts. First and last specialized in this household methinks.
My boys had Kona Shreds from about 7-10, they were nearly 11kg for 20" 6 speed bikes, they absolutely hammered them, I wouldn't worry about the weight just yet, let him ride it, he'll love it !