What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Spent yesterday shuttling The Boy (and Felix, for an hour or so) for KoB practice. Race day today, so I get to relax and watch the carnage in the root section.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Threw some Minion WTs on my 25mm ID rims, while I wait to upgrade to wider hoops. Pretty happy with the profiles; just like a standard Minion. Thinking of not going much wider than a 30-32mm ID rim, in order to not square the profile off too much.

2.5 DHF
IMG_8864.JPG

2.4 DHR2
IMG_8868.JPG

IMG_8876.JPG

stirk

Burner
Took Mrs to Grose Head South for a lady ride. I had one eye opened for Mr Stirk but no sightings.

The flatter the trail the happier it makes her, oh well.....

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
I've not ridden out to Grose Head for a while. How's bees nest hill? It was sandy after being graded but super fast in the middle section, only caution stops you hitting 70kph!

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Finished 1x11 conversion on the 29er. Just have to take a link or two out of the chain to pull the cage down far enough to let it shift onto the biggest cog.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I've not ridden out to Grose Head for a while. How's bees nest hill? It was sandy after being graded but super fast in the middle section, only caution stops you hitting 70kph!
Only did Shaw's Ridge and Blue Gum, it was a bridal ride where hitting warp speed down Bee's Nest isn't the thing :hand:

You can make a decent ride out of there if you plan well though.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Sure it's not a B screw adjustment required ? Measure twice, cut once !
Yeah, I tried that, still didn't give me enough clearance. I was able to get it to the biggest cog, but the cog was riding on the jockey wheel and making a very unpleasant sound.

Last edited:

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Took the baby seat rack off, my little girl is finally too big for the baby seat!

I can now resume rides at Smithfield trails :)

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Used silcon spray to polish the frame after washing the bike a few days ago. Took it out in the mud yesterday and when I got home I was amazed how easy the mud came off.. It just slid off with a wipe.. Can't believe it took me years to find out about this trick.. I am sure like most things in life it's too good be true.. So whats the up shot is it good or bad? I sprayed the rag rather than the frame and didn't put any near the brakes..