MRP Ramp control

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Anyone running one? I'm presently running an RCT3 pike with 2 tokens and wondering if it's worth the $200 to get one? If this has been discussed can someone point me to the thread as the search engine gave me nada...

DMan

Never mind the question, they're only for solo air forks....

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Never. I always leave at 160mm
Is it worth your trouble to swap to a SA? opens up a bunch more options for tuning the spring rate (mrp which is just on the fly token adjustment really, luftkappe, AWK etc)

Otherwise theres a few coil conversions getting around these days for a similar amount of coin? The TF Tuned one will run in DPA or SA forks.

DMan

Is it worth your trouble to swap to a SA? opens up a bunch more options for tuning the spring rate (mrp which is just on the fly token adjustment really, luftkappe, AWK etc)

Otherwise theres a few coil conversions getting around these days for a similar amount of coin? The TF Tuned one will run in DPA or SA forks.
Could be. It's certainly food for thought.

teK--

Eats Squid
Could be. It's certainly food for thought.

Mate I hated my Pike DP partly because I was stuck with no upgrade option for the air spring. Coil was out of the question as it would be irreversible. Also I never used the lower travel setting.

Ended up getting a DVO Diamond and am rapt it also fixed several other issues I was having with the Pike.

Ask yourself do you want to pay for a Solo which really doesn't give you anything more but an air spring upgrade option.

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mate I hated my Pike DP partly because I was stuck with no upgrade option for the air spring. Coil was out of the question as it would be irreversible. Also I never used the lower travel setting.

Ended up getting a DVO Diamond and am rapt it also fixed several other issues I was having with the Pike.

Ask yourself do you want to pay for a Solo which really doesn't give you anything more but an air spring upgrade option.
Look I mean, if were talking about total fork upgrades, the mattoc is a worthy contender at almost half the price of the diamond as well.

DMan

It's certainly not worth changing it to a solo that's for sure. Just a shame there is so limited options for the DP like you say.

DMan

Look I mean, if were talking about total fork upgrades, the mattoc is a worthy contender at almost half the price of the diamond as well.
I'm happy enough with it to not warrant a complete fork change and the coil spring is a no go for the reason that Tek said. I'll save my money for a bike upgrade in a couple of years instead....

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm happy enough with it to not warrant a complete fork change and the coil spring is a no go for the reason that Tek said. I'll save my money for a bike upgrade in a couple of years instead....

Are you unwell?

dug8713

Likes Dirt
This may interest you, though I'm not sure it will be within your price range or not.

Replaces the entire Dual Position air spring with a DVC (basically a variable volume token) & allows you to independently adjust primary positive, secondary positive & negative air springs.

The kit doesn't come with a Solo Air shaft, but does come with an adapter to make it work.

Check out the website for more information: https://www.sdcomponents.com.au/dynamic-volume-chamber

Attachments

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This may interest you, though I'm not sure it will be within your price range or not.

Replaces the entire Dual Position air spring with a DVC (basically a variable volume token) & allows you to independently adjust primary positive, secondary positive & negative air springs.

The kit doesn't come with a Solo Air shaft, but does come with an adapter to make it work.

Check out the website for more information: https://www.sdcomponents.com.au/dynamic-volume-chamber
It won't work with a DPA fork, it relies on the air chamber dimple on the solo air stanchion to equalise the negative and primary positive chambers. The DPA fork doesn't have this and nothing on the site suggests how they've overcome that issue?

It's also more complex than simply an adjustable token system, which is more or less what the MRP unit actually is, it's actually allowing you to tune the start and end of the spring rate independently where as tokens/ramp controll tie those two things together.

DMan

It won't work with a DPA fork, it relies on the air chamber dimple on the solo air stanchion to equalise the negative and primary positive chambers. The DPA fork doesn't have this and nothing on the site suggests how they've overcome that issue?

It's also more complex than simply an adjustable token system, which is more or less what the MRP unit actually is, it's actually allowing you to tune the start and end of the spring rate independently where as tokens/ramp controll tie those two things together.
Yes, it's looks a bit more than I want to fiddle with anyway. I liked the idea of the MRP because I think I'm somewhere between 2 and 3 tokens on my fork and liked the idea of fine tuning without pulling it apart.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Yes, it's looks a bit more than I want to fiddle with anyway. I liked the idea of the MRP because I think I'm somewhere between 2 and 3 tokens on my fork and liked the idea of fine tuning without pulling it apart.
Cut a token in half.

dug8713

Likes Dirt

You're absolutely right in that regarding the air chamber dimple. That issue is solved by modifying the air shaft. It's very much a hack job though, hence why that particular kit combo isn't listed on the website.

Attachments