The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It is a handy distraction from some serious domestic issues. But...

Anyway aren't we as a country already deep in bed with china? Didn't Tony Abbott sign a bunch of agreements? Didn't Kevin'07 want to be Chinese? I mean it is not like this is a sudden thing.

Skylight: I think you will find this is just a further investigation of the one issue. Sure it is something that probably shouldn't have happened, but it isn't a case of fool me twice...

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Skylight: I think you will find this is just a further investigation of the one issue. Sure it is something that probably shouldn't have happened, but it isn't a case of fool me twice...
Not quite, 4 weeks after he got busted and 'resigned' he went around to the wealthy chinese donor and told him about phone taps etc.. He clearly didn't learn the first time and really is taking the piss..

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not quite, 4 weeks after he got busted and 'resigned' he went around to the wealthy chinese donor and told him about phone taps etc.. He clearly didn't learn the first time and really is taking the piss..
Damn! Looks like I have totally misread what was going on.

John U

MTB Precision
Treason would be locking Australia into a relationship with China which was large beneficial to China, and largely detrimental to Australia, for your own financial gain.

Got to say that given there was no information about date, time, or source, of these recent recordings I was skeptical of their relevance.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The recording was provided by the chinese media, the event was a chinese only media conference so there was no Australian media present. Nine's political reporter
Chris Uhlmann (ex abc) got the scoop and his reputation is not to run BS stories.. I trust his source.
I think Sam wanted to be one of the big dick swinging boys but got very sloppy.. He is simply far too compromised now for his position to be tenable.. Whether he has been played by the chinese or not he has repeatedly on diff occasions acted like he is on the take..
He has twice now acted inappropriately, the second time meeting face to face after being demoted is beyond stupid and something else must be going on..
Turnbull must ban foreign donations immediately, the amount of cash china is dumping into both parties is extremely concerning.

scblack

Leucocholic
Treason would be locking Australia into a relationship with China which was large beneficial to China, and largely detrimental to Australia, for your own financial gain.

Got to say that given there was no information about date, time, or source, of these recent recordings I was skeptical of their relevance.
Guess who has their head buried in the sand.

Standard practice is that journalists will not reveal sources. So saying there was no info on this recording is a meaningless statement.

John U

MTB Precision
Guess who has their head buried in the sand.

Standard practice is that journalists will not reveal sources. So saying there was no info on this recording is a meaningless statement.
Date and time is extremely relevant.

Standard practice! Like when all the journos were waiting on that raid at the union offices organised by cash?

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Date and time is extremely relevant.

Standard practice! Like when all the journos were waiting on that raid at the union offices organised by cash?
They have the date and time of the original press conference..
So you reckon 7.30, Four Corners, Fairfax and 9 were making it all up orginally? And that they could possibly slander Sam's reputation like they have without evidence?
They had a transcript (translated) from the original press conference now they have the audio recording to match. It's clear Sam didn't bumble his way through the answer. It also shows he's a liar..

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Just read the article in the conversation. When the left wing media are chasing you, you really need to resign. All that effort with regards to citizenship to fall from grace so spectacularly.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Very disappointing that he has no discretion cos he is one of the more entertaining intelligent politicians to come along .
I love the characters who say what they think regardless eg Lambie , Xenophon, Wilkie , cant stand the colourless party hacks who have nothing original in their brains.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Agreed, he comes across (at least) as a straight shooter but these are failings that cannot be ignored.

In some countries he would most definitely be charged with treason for alerting a foreign national that they were under surveillance by the state.

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
I don't agree he is entertaining or Intelligent.

he is the same just like all the other corrupt leeches in the LNP greens and labor, none, or at least not many of the current pollies are decent and all end up betraying the people that elected them.

take Hanson, she talks as if she gives two shits about people but she voted for a bill some months back that fucks over locals, she gives preferences to labor, she's nothing but a lying leech too.

Similar deal with Katter, right now he has major power in parliament and instead of pushing for things that will actually have beneficial impacts for actual Australian's what does he do?

Pushes for a banking inquiry which will only last a year when in reality for it to be a decent one it would need to last at least 3 years minimum, this inquiry will be nothing but turncoat throwing a bone to strive off the pitch forks.

Majority of pollies are lying leeches that will always betray Australian's, this includes majority of one nation and probably katter too.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm not sure Katter and Hansen are in the same league as Dastyari. What metrics are you using to assess intelligence?

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
I'm not sure Katter and Hansen are in the same league as Dastyari. What metrics are you using to assess intelligence?
Both of them are lying scumbags, so by that they are in the same leauge, Dastyari just gets treasonous leach added to the end lol.