The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
You have no chance of beating Skydome in an argument Pharma, He's been educated at the Facebook School of Law.
LoL.......pharma and skynet in an argument is stubborn, contrary, myopic, righteous inception.

We may see the creation of antimatter before that ends.

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
Hey I hold a masters degree from the facebook school of law,, it is nothing to scoff at..

But yeah that's why i said you'd need a gansta af constitutional lawyer, get a good one and anything has chance at the high courts but none of this will happen we're all just having fun throwing hypothesis around really

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
How do we know labor can satisfy it though? We thought both the ALP and LIB could satisfy it but the LIBs crashed back to earth this week. The only thing we do know is that the ALP hasn’t had anyone identified as a dually so far. Given Shorten’s natural reluctance to have a full audit I reckon we can assume he’s not 100 percent confident that they will come out the other end with all their folk still intact.
Yatzee....

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...mits-she-was-british-at-time-of-2016-election

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Surely it is time for the governor general to earn his rent? Caretaker period while it is all resolved? Disband both houses and run an election? Declare a republic? Serve tea and scones for the good few that remain?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Not sure the constitution gives the GG that kind of power. He can dissolve/sack but that has to be linked with the inability to pass bills. Not sure he can do it on a whim.

However, he is an old infantry man with high cred with the forces. Maybe a coup would do turn the trick.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not sure the constitution gives the GG that kind of power. He can dissolve/sack but that has to be linked with the inability to pass bills. Not sure he can do it on a whim.

However, he is an old infantry man with high cred with the forces. Maybe a coup would do turn the trick.
A coup would be packed full of irony.

It could be argued that with the libs/nuts loosing their majority and the rest of the place in a bit of disarray that the inability pass bills (function as a parliament) has arrived.

Skydome

did someone say coup?

I have approximately 20,557 nerf rifles under the basement i could supply for the big coup.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
did someone say coup?
Let's imagine the GG dissolves parliament, "you cunts have had enough chances, we're starting over." But Malcolm says "Nahhhh. Fuck off mate..." and refuses to budge. We move towards a revolution/coup and both call on the military to back them up...how do the cards fall? Do the armed forces truely belong to Australia or are they technically the Queen's? What about police forces?

Get the Nerf ready and declare Tasmania free of the mainland oppression!

Skydome

LMAO. And now there's another one.

rebekha sharkie or some shit and now we also have jackie lambie under a cloud too.

this whole thing is just getting silly now, time for a complete audit of them i say.

Skydome

Let's imagine the GG dissolves parliament, "you cunts have had enough chances, we're starting over." But Malcolm says "Nahhhh. Fuck off mate..." and refuses to budge. We move towards a revolution/coup and both call on the military to back them up...how do the cards fall? Do the armed forces truely belong to Australia or are they technically the Queen's? What about police forces?

Get the Nerf ready and declare Tasmania free of the mainland oppression!
I'm pulling the nerfs out of the basement tonight and setting up armed militia.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
So in a demographic already overflowing with childish bozos, Bernadi is doing his best to set a new low in petulant fuckery. His stupid, pointless, time wasting motions in parliament seem to be pointing to a regretful, 'look at me, I am relevant' play for attention.

Seriously, making thinly veiled insults against Islam, while crying about your own religious freedoms, is about as shit as you can get.

What a flog!