What does your day look like?

mtb1611

Seymour
That is some pretty awesome looking food! Please describe Khmer cuisine?
I've never been to a Cambodian restaurant however 27% (give or take haha) of our school population is Khmer, so in the last 3 years have eaten lots of their food, all home-cooked by parents. It's best described as a combination of Thai and the "less stir fry" aspect of Chinese food, leaning more towards the savoury as opposed to sauce in terms of the texture. To be honest their cuisine doesn't get the credit it deserves and is pretty damn awesome.

I love working in the Canley Vale community and consider myself extremely privileged to have developed such a great relationship with the people of the area, could never work in an Anglo area again.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I love working in the Canley Vale community and consider myself extremely privileged to have developed such a great relationship with the people of the area, could never work in an Anglo area again.
One of my sales guys has the opposite situation. He is a Chinese Malaysian guy that lives near Glenwood McMansionville. There is only a burger place and old school Chinese restaurant nearby, y'know the red and gold decor ones with names like Golden Fortune and a bewildering 240 line item menu that ends up being every combination with every other combination on the list.

I actually felt sorry for him knowing that I can get change from $20 note for Viet pancake at Thanh Binh while he is stuck with burgers and chips and spends more for less. I could drive to the city to eat but will have to look pretty hard to find better.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I've never been to a Cambodian restaurant however 27% (give or take haha) of our school population is Khmer, so in the last 3 years have eaten lots of their food, all home-cooked by parents. It's best described as a combination of Thai and the "less stir fry" aspect of Chinese food, leaning more towards the savoury as opposed to sauce in terms of the texture. To be honest their cuisine doesn't get the credit it deserves and is pretty damn awesome.

I lived and worked in Cambodia for a couple of years. I had some amazing home cooked meals there. I worked in a really poor village though and usually it was just a massive bowel of plain rice and a tiny little bit of fish, sometimes chicken to add protein. Day after day. On occasion the women would make Prahok next to the welding workshop I ran and boy oh boy was that an experience. Semi rotten fermented fish being ground into a paste. I can still smell it! It would permeate my clothes and come back home with me!
Best times were the weddings. Even the poorest would put on a good showing and cook up a storm of amazing food, endless beer and much hilarity to wash away the drudgery of backbreaking days of labor in the fields. When people have very little they really know how to party!
Had an amazing time in Cambodia (good and bad) and one I will never forget.
I lived in footscray for years and loved the Vietnamese people and culture. Now living in a predominantly ‘white’ suburb and it is so , we’ll white.

Jpez

Down on the left!
And while I’m remembering my time in Cambodge, this is what my day looked like in Siem Reap 2011 floods. Whole town up to a foot under water. I ride into town to get some breakfast to see this. A croc escaped from the crocodile farm up the river and swam into town.
6CBDC762-B7D3-4B20-BC05-CD6B86BAE0B7.jpeg

One reason I love Sth east Asia. It’s never boring.

Jpez

Down on the left!
That’s a whole lot better than those ridiculous Wicked campers and their offensive slogans sprayed all over them.
I’m guessing that van belongs to a couple of topless Swedish hippy chicks. Well that’s my fantasy anyway!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I'd wager it's owned by a bunch of mystery solving teenagers made up of a hunky and slightly Hitler youth-looking guy, a foxy and a nerdy girl, a shaggy looking stoner-wuss and a dog.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'd wager it's owned by a bunch of mystery solving teenagers made up of a hunky and slightly Hitler youth-looking guy, a foxy and a nerdy girl, a shaggy looking stoner-wuss and a dog.
I always thought it was one of their parents that owned it in an effort to buy them friends...probably shaggy's parents, trying to get him off the bong and out of his bedroom.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
9/10 for effort minus 6 for bad choice of van model. If it only was a GMC and not a Suzuki.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I was out having a ride. So many fucking mosquitoes! Just cruised the dirt jumps until it looked like the apocalypse was upon me...mad yellow sky (I'm blaming pollution and dust), heavy clouds, wild wind, thunder, lightening...figured I'd better jet home before being ruptured, I'd like to be clean you know? Anyway light rain on the highway while riding home smelled awesome and I beat the storm. Kind of...the storm died down pretty quickly.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Mosquitoes are a headache. The apocalypse is on Wednesday the 18th so you will have to wait a bit longer for that one.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
I did a six week stint in Cambodia with the UN doing satellite comms systems in the early 90’s and have been there a few times since on holidays. My favourite Khmer street food is the Cambodian pork baguette. Super scrummy.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I did a six week stint in Cambodia with the UN doing satellite comms systems in the early 90’s and have been there a few times since on holidays. My favourite Khmer street food is the Cambodian pork baguette. Super scrummy.
Have not been to Indo-China but love me some southeast Asian-French fusion food.

Jpez

Down on the left!
And cheap!
Wow. It would have been a different place in the 90’s. My first trip on 2004 pub street in SR was still a dirt road. Now it’s a close facsimile of Khao san rd. A place to avoid st all cost.