2018 World Cup discussion

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
The Yeti thing is some kid's Photoshop dream, well played though. :(

UNNO has entered the World Cup series and win best looking bike by 3042526748267252 kilometers. Check this out:
From the very first moment we started working on the bikes that today bear the UNNO name, it was clear that we wanted to race them. Racing has been our life, our passion and one of our main inspirations. Greg Williamson and Taylor Vernon will be competing in the 2018 UCI Downhill Mountain Bike World Cup on UNNO Ever bikes.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
So, the big week is here! Round 1 is on Red Bull TV this Sunday 22nd April with the Women's race at 8.30pm and the dudes at 10pm.
There's been some chatter about this new location and we're yet to see how good it'll be. The prospect of the hillside of rocks is awesome so hopefully it generates some amazing racing.
There isn't too much press about who is on form and who isn't etc so we may expect some of the normal running order? We'll know soon!
I reckon the form guys this year will get some surprises from Laurie Greenland and Jack Moir plus I also think Troy Brosnan is gonna bag some wins and be a big show for the overall.
Woohoo! Its race week!

lost it

Likes Bikes
It’s really cool to see something different from the Fox/Rockshox kit that was The majority over the last many seasons.
Propain on Formula forks, EXT shocks.
Scott on Bos forks and shocks.
Unno on Formula forks.
Polygon on SR Suntour.
Any I’ve missed?

Z

Zaf

It’s really cool to see something different from the Fox/Rockshox kit that was The majority over the last many seasons.
Propain on Formula forks, EXT shocks.
Scott on Bos forks and shocks.
Unno on Formula forks.
Polygon on SR Suntour.
Any I’ve missed?
Giant on DVO

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I agree Oli, that Meta is top notch.

I know a guy that used to live with a guy who is friends with a girl that is friend's with a guy that used to ride for Commencal. It turns out I know the same Gentleman! He reckons he was ready to jump ship when Commencal were trying to get the 29 inch wheels to work on the Supreme, said it was terrible and nothing suited his style. Hopefully the GT works for him.......................

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I agree Oli, that Meta is top notch.

I know a guy that used to live with a guy who is friends with a girl that is friend's with a guy that used to ride for Commencal. It turns out I know the same Gentleman! He reckons he was ready to jump ship when Commencal were trying to get the 29 inch wheels to work on the Supreme, said it was terrible and nothing suited his style. Hopefully the GT works for him.......................
At least George didnt have to ride the old non 4 bar GT...

indica

Serial flasher
I'm keen to watch despite the derision regarding the track. I'll have to fire up the PS4 as the LG TV doesn't have a red bull app anymore.

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
haven't really been keeping up, what's the controversy around the new track?

It looked decent to me

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haven't really been keeping up, what's the controversy around the new track?

It looked decent to me
Short. Sub 3mins. Has an urban bit at the bottom that people seem to be all salty about. Crazy rocky though. If they tape it wide it could get wild with line choice

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
Short. Sub 3mins. Has an urban bit at the bottom that people seem to be all salty about. Crazy rocky though. If they tape it wide it could get wild with line choice
Surely they could cut the urban bit out? or does the urban bit make up too much of the 3 min length of the track?

Don't mind that the length of the track is short as long as they tape it in a way that keeps the line choices wide open rather than only having 2 or 3 main lines unless someone else just creates one.

Z

Zaf

Surely they could cut the urban bit out? or does the urban bit make up too much of the 3 min length of the track?

Don't mind that the length of the track is short as long as they tape it in a way that keeps the line choices wide open rather than only having 2 or 3 main lines unless someone else just creates one.
What's the point? Sam wont be there to show everyone the amazing sneaky lines on a race winning run anyway. :(

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
From what I can tell the only reason the urban bit is there is so they can have the finish line next to the water

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This doesn't happen anywhere near as much as people hope, probably why EWS is such a hit

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
From what I can tell the only reason the urban bit is there is so they can have the finish line next to the water
Ten bucks says the cheap gimmick of the winner jumping into the water will be the front page item come Monday.
It is a pretty rad looking place to ride bikes though.