2018 World Cup discussion

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Sam had a couple of years in wilderness before re-inventing himself. I reckon Danny is as good as he ever was...it’s just that others have stepped up.
Not so sure. Sam had a few injury issues. Wasn't it 2015 that he was a bee's dick from World Champs but for a crash?

moorey

call me Mia
Not so sure. Sam had a few injury issues. Wasn't it 2015 that he was a bee's dick from World Champs but for a crash?
True. Also, just to clarify, didn’t mean Danny is as good as Sam ever was, just as good as he himself has been.

moorey

call me Mia
A few surprises in Quals so far. Hard to know what’s happening with only the live timing. Gwinn injured or mechanical?
Finn looking dangerous.

moorey

call me Mia
Boo! No protection for #1 ranked rider in juniors after a stack. That’s shite!

Ballarat boy Darcy Coutts, fresh out of juniors, smashed it last night though. Go Coutssss!

Boom King

Boo! No protection for #1 ranked rider in juniors after a stack. That’s shite!

Ballarat boy Darcy Coutts, fresh out of juniors, smashed it last night though. Go Coutssss!
So at 24, Kye doesn't qualify?

moorey

call me Mia
So Gwinn went down and re-munted his thumb.
Wasn’t Chimpy racing? Didn’t spot him on the results list.

Last edited:

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Very. Would have thought top 5 protected at least.
I'm not a fan of the protected rider thing for juniors or elites, I get it that everyone wants to see their favourite rider in the race but with crashing and mechanicals being such a big part of racing shouldn't consistency over the weekend be rewarded, it would definitely make you think about your race strategies.

moorey

call me Mia
I'm not a fan of the protected rider thing for juniors or elites, I get it that everyone wants to see their favourite rider in the race but with crashing and mechanicals being such a big part of racing shouldn't consistency over the weekend be rewarded, it would definitely make you think about your race strategies.
Agree to disagree. What about the times some get a dry run and then it buckets down?
On race day, all bets are off, but those who are at the very pointy end should get a race run, I reckon.

Boom King

I kind of agree. I don't like the fact you can simply roll out of the gate, DNF, and get a spot because of your ranking. I do, however, think some sort of protection is needed when weather plays an influencing role in quali.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Agree to disagree. What about the times some get a dry run and then it buckets down?
On race day, all bets are off, but those who are at the very pointy end should get a race run, I reckon.
True everyone should get a fair crack at the same course, maybe the protected riders should get to pick their start time for qualifications bringing a little more strategy into play.