The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Revved his team up is an interesting way to put it. Was more asking your thoughts on the media storm in a tea cup over it all? Being an unspectacular song I'm not surprised you and the pm aren't familiar with it, clearly a case for impeachment.

scblack

Leucocholic
Revved his team up is an interesting way to put it. Was more asking your thoughts on the media storm in a tea cup over it all? Being an unspectacular song I'm not surprised you and the pm aren't familiar with it, clearly a case for impeachment.
Yes, the overkill of reaction by media is interesting. Its a song, build a bridge.

Media do pump themselves over the top at times. I heard a question on ABC radio this morning, seeing ScoMo has announced the retirement villages royal commission. The ABC person asked: Is it a co-incidence that the announcement is made on the eve of a 4Corners story on aged care facility issues? 'Cause yeh sure the whole Royal Commission process follows a 4Corners story......bahahahaha

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
...more of these royal commissions.

My disappointment with the scoop scandal is the choice of bad music. There's an ample supply of much better songs to have a scandal over!

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Yes, the overkill of reaction by media is interesting. Its a song, build a bridge.

Media do pump themselves over the top at times. I heard a question on ABC radio this morning, seeing ScoMo has announced the retirement villages royal commission. The ABC person asked: Is it a co-incidence that the announcement is made on the eve of a 4Corners story on aged care facility issues? 'Cause yeh sure the whole Royal Commission process follows a 4Corners story......bahahahaha
Indeed it does, it's called policy on the run.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member

Ah, actually, 4Corners has been the precise reason for numerous Royal Commissions. Can dig up exact circumstances if required.

I think it’s fine to say that some songs are wrong for some circumstances- you wouldn’t want a white power song or Publi Enemy track playing when talking race relations or Nine Inch Nails when taking child care.

But I think the ScoMo deal was a bit silly, none of the lyrics they used were offensive at all. One had to go out of one’s way to get to the offensive part of that song. The way they were carrying on in question time is the real issue but people worry about superfluous shit like song lyrics that were never actually played.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I have come to the unfortunate conclusion that I am going to have to endure Shorten as pm. However, if that is what it takes to rid parliament of Dutton and Abbott and their ilk then it is the change we have to have. I cant bring myself to vote for labour but will not support Dutton. And voting 1 dick and balls is always a good choice.

Edit: the whole show of hands bullshit to show unity while the party implodes is quite farcical. Posting on social media and putting it to rap is a sign of desperation to appear relevant. Ahhhh. Fuck off already.

Last edited: