Welcome! An E biking area for E bikers and those interested in E Biking

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
It doesn't if he actually believes in what he is saying and is not merely saying it for a pay check but wouldn't go near one otherwise.

Another one more reason to hate on the Big 'S'. One of the local trails gets its name after their top tier fleet, Newcastle riders will know what I'm talking about.
is that Seuss land or "S*#T Happens

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Guys, this E bike section is (as expected) turning into a shitfight that we're sick of policing. No more chances; stay out of the E bike discussion if you're being a shit stirrer or we'll boot ya.
This is the week that I had in mind as a deadline to remove this area if it went south so keep it on topic or stay out of it please.

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Guys, this E bike section is (as expected) turning into a shitfight that we're sick of policing. No more chances; stay out of the E bike discussion if you're being a shit stirrer or we'll boot ya.
This is the week that I had in mind as a deadline to remove this area if it went south so keep it on topic or stay out of it please.
with falling numbers on this site, I'd keep it going as at least its getting some traffic. ;) motorbikes on our trails are an ongoing issue.

Flow-Rider

Burner
You've got to also look at some of the posts from the e-bikers " Who needs luck when the likes of Intense are releasing brand new ebikes. It's way out of your control. & Is this why people can't have nice things?? You literally contradicted yourself in the same paragraph. This place is dumbfoundingly hilarious sometimes. "

It's just provoking a disagreement. A lot of people have voiced their opinionated concerns which are more accurate and relevant than a lot of the statements made from the e-bikers on the topic of the OP.

Kind_cir

Likes Dirt
Well, I too have a guilty past.
I will try not to post what is seemingly to some, a controversial issue.
Trying hard to clean up my act, unlike some of the regulars on here.
It won’t happen overnight, but it will happen.
Also, just because one may not agree with what I post, does not mean I am trolling. Guilty, in the past maybe. But those days are over.

Hope this clears some things up, and we can move on like adults.

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
It's just provoking a disagreement. A lot of people have voiced their opinionated concerns which are more accurate and relevant than a lot of the statements made from the e-bikers on the topic of the OP.
I totally agree with you and I take everything into account.
The E bike topic is akin to roadie vs mountain biker, clips vs flats etc etc. Most points are valid from each camp but in the end it comes down to those with a personal preference airing their thoughts on why the other side is a pile of shit. With regards to E bikes, I have a few mates who enjoy them and they ride on our rides quite often and they are no different to be around. They don't tell me they are a better human for having an E bike and vice versa, we just ride bikes. The only evidence I've seen (read in this case) is people being afraid of what an E bike will do to mountain biking and unfortunately we're now seeing the minority being treated as almost special. I don't want to be seen as doing that on here which is why we ask for everyone to just get along or just ignore it if it ain't worth posting. Of course we encourage you to converse the topic (the MTBA inclusion of E bike events thread is a good example) but like any thread, keep it relevant.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I'm actually in favour of an e-bike section. I'm not keen on owning one but after riding Green Valley I can very much see why someone would get one to shelf shuttle. I would rather keep these people and their discussions in the RB tent.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I dont have an e-mtb but am really interested in hearing about e-mtb stuff and think having a forum area for it is a good thing for the site particularly long term when you look at how quickly it is developing in Aus. I think cir has good intentions and has done a good job at trying to get topics going but people are really emotional about it and it rapidly descends off topic which has stopped me commenting a couple of times. Any community takes time and effort to develop and they need to start somewhere but if the majority isn't onboard then thats just the way it is.

However, personally, I would be just as happy reading about it in the off topic section provided people stayed on topic and showed self control but with the current crowd that doesn't seem possible.

Cheers
Kind_cir

(that's just for moorey)

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’ll throw my hat in .
I’m prob “one of the four interested “ ......and have had my eye on one for a while , like the ‘normal ‘ , ‘ acoustic ‘ or ‘Real mtbers ‘ or whatever other term is current !
I waited for the new releases in August , rode , tested a few .spent today at the You Yangs getting my head around it .

And it was FUN , just what I hoped for , I rode up and then down , then up and then down .

Did I mention it was FUN .

I’m middle aged , I’m fat , I’m way out of condition , but tonight I’m 12 yrs old , sunburnt, sore legs and happy .
( not many 12 yrs olds get parmies and beers for dinner ! )

I rode harder than I ever could at my current level of fitness , so it’s a win .

Have left a deposit on a bike .

I still love my other bikes , will still ride them , but my hips and knees ( which are buggered ) are gonna enjoy the e-mtb .

So , I’m happy to share in the e-section , but accept that some may not want nor need one .

moorey

call me Mia
Good for you @rextheute. I hope it was clear that my comments have been directed at 4 people who are actually mostly the same troll.
I don’t have an issue with ebikes or ebike riders. I do have an issue with ebike trolls, and if I’m honest, I don’t like the bikes on busy tails, if the rider is using them has poor etiquette, or riding them up a section that is really only meant for descent (I equally dislike non ebikers doing the same), and I really don’t see a place for them in races, mixed with non powered bikes. They are there. I can’t change that.
Much of what I say on here is tongue in cheek...except when it’s not...and I won’t pretend I’m tactful at those times.

I have said previously, if an ebike was the only way I could keep riding with my kids, I’d be the first to buy one. While I can ride without, I will.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nah it’s all good - I have a very low tolerance for dickheads .
Dickheads that go up when everyone is going down , Dickheads that ride mx bikes on mtb trails , Dickheads are just ...Dickheads .
I don’t think it’s ‘fair ‘ to mix e-mtbs with non , that’s Dick-ish , unfortunately the world is now more inclusive and you can’t say no .
I reckon it would be great to watch varied e-mtbs of all different manufacturers go hell for leathering in a racing environment - the humans will explode before the bikes !
But to keep it fairer, there has to be lots of ups , lots . This will sort out those who have put effort in , just like the skinny xl riders who ride all day on protein bars !

I will admit the weight is both a blessing and a curse , long chainstsys do not make for a nimble bike ....climb like a cat though . And they are hard to pull a great car park wheelie , bit heavy although I am exceptionally weak .

Ask me in 6 months , a mate has one and has done approx 2500 kmsince xmas , has lost a ton of weight and is far fitter ,like me he is old and time poor .
Plus , riding your bike is Fun .

binner

Hath shat hymself
I hear TREK is now onboard with a release of an Ebike. You can't stop it...... it just gets better for choices on my 50th B/day :):):).

ohh n Dozer, keep it open, stocks r droppin fast ... visits are getting longer between drinks these days.....

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I hear TREK is now onboard with a release of an Ebike. You can't stop it...... it just gets better for choices on my 50th B/day :):):).

ohh n Dozer, keep it open, stocks r droppin fast ... visits are getting longer between drinks these days.....
And they're quite nice too. And can take a beating, just ask my mate who dropped his trying to follow me.

As always, it's the dicks that ruin it for the rest. E-bikes are not for me, they're not fast nor nimble enough for around here, but I can definitely see they have a place, and I'd like to keep an eye on their development coz I reckon as each generation develops the gap will get smaller.

link1896

Mr Greenfield

Yep, for all its challenges, to stay relevant we need this section, or farkin will go the way of the dodo. Introduce more moderators if needed.

binner

Hath shat hymself
And they're quite nice too. And can take a beating, just ask my mate who dropped his trying to follow me.

As always, it's the dicks that ruin it for the rest. E-bikes are not for me, they're not fast nor nimble enough for around here, but I can definitely see they have a place, and I'd like to keep an eye on their development coz I reckon as each generation develops the gap will get smaller.

this is true, my reasons for an Ebike are the climbs as my ankle is getting worse by the year. About 13 yrs ago (I'm 48 now) I really blew my ankle apart. Pretty scary stuff, many pins n plates later I now have arthritis in ankle and big toe as my surgeon explained to me after the op, I constantly have my ankle give way when walking,constant dull throbbing, maybe 50% range in movement, I can't hold constant pressure on the pedal for long uphills as it seizes up and I've lost cartilage from right knee from bordercross racing many years ago. So with this and my lust to ride bikes both up and down hills/ mountains I'm all for using an electric bike to help me climb so I can enjoy riding a bike down a mountain.
The people that rag on ebikes and ebike riders need to understand that not all that want one are fuckwits. Some actually have genuine reasons to want to convert, fuck me man.... in 2 years time the tech is going to be so way ahead of where it is now and weight of bikes will drop even more..... I'm fucking all for it.

...... you can whine all you want about ebikes, it wont stop me from buying and shredding into my 50's 60's.......