Little Things You Hate

Binaural

Eats Squid
Having supervised construction crews on every continent except Africa and Antartica, I can tell you that construction and trades want to start early around the world, and it's mostly to do with daylight. Plenty of sites are well hazardous in poor light, and if you're far north or south you need to get the hours in before the really cold weather/snow begins. Sometimes it's also a question of making sure you have the widest window of opportunity against risk of rain etc. In hot climates like Australia, being done in time to avoid the heat / pick up kids is gravy.

Another reason to deal with the annoyance: there are a lot of tradies, construction people etc. who drive to work because they need tools or materials. They are off the roads by the time office people are heading in. This is a solid contributor to keeping commuting times reasonable. We should have more staggered working times IMO, a decent slice of my engineers get in at 9:30 for just that reason.

moorey

call me Mia
1. The amount of old farkers I’ve been talking to in the flesh lately, who won’t log on here any more because of the ‘boys club’ mentality.
2. The number of newer riders I’ve talked to about using Farkin for tech, info and trading, and they were put off by the way they were treated as new members.
3. Knowing that I have played a VERY major part in the above. Never intentionally, but the result is the same.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Having supervised construction crews on every continent except Africa and Antartica, I can tell you that construction and trades want to start early around the world, and it's mostly to do with daylight. Plenty of sites are well hazardous in poor light, and if you're far north or south you need to get the hours in before the really cold weather/snow begins. Sometimes it's also a question of making sure you have the widest window of opportunity against risk of rain etc. In hot climates like Australia, being done in time to avoid the heat / pick up kids is gravy.

Another reason to deal with the annoyance: there are a lot of tradies, construction people etc. who drive to work because they need tools or materials. They are off the roads by the time office people are heading in. This is a solid contributor to keeping commuting times reasonable. We should have more staggered working times IMO, a decent slice of my engineers get in at 9:30 for just that reason.
How logical. We’re all still cunts though.

Ultra Lord

1. The amount of old farkers I’ve been talking to in the flesh lately, who won’t log on here any more because of the ‘boys club’ mentality.
2. The number of newer riders I’ve talked to about using Farkin for tech, info and trading, and they were put off by the way they were treated as new members.
3. Knowing that I have played a VERY major part in the above. Never intentionally, but the result is the same.
So do I stop posting then? I didn’t think it was that bad. Maybe you, me, poodle and the others should all stop talking to eachother to let others have a chance. The floor is yours lurkers.

Ultra Lord

No, it isn’t. You don’t get to tell me what I meant.
It’s a reflection, not an attack.
No, the lurkers complaining about the boys club mentality in here, is aimed at the regulars.
Those of us that post a fair bit, so not just you.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
No, it isn’t. You don’t get to tell me what I meant.
It’s a reflection, not an attack.
I think ultra was agreeing with you. I read your post the same way - that’s it’s the regulars hogging bandwidth as it were...

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I’ve been on the other end too.. Another car forum ended up being a grievance posting site for grumpy old right wingers. Climate change and politics got outright bans as a topic but the regulars flavoured the whole shebang and I stopped trying to offer alternate viewpoints to all the climate change deniers. It started out a community thing (French car nuts need to stick together...) and was really social.

Not sure what the solution is...

moorey

call me Mia
No, the lurkers complaining about the boys club mentality in here, is aimed at the regulars.
Those of us that post a fair bit, so not just you.
I’m not talking about lurkers. I’m talking about formerly very active old members, and potentially productive new members.
‘Your’ welcome to add ‘you’re’ bit, just clarifying my bit.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
There is a place on Bourke St that sells Boss Coffee!!
A lot of Asian grocery stores carry a few cans, but at $3+ a can it is difficult to accept. There is a Japanese grocery on Kent St in Sydney called Maruyu. They carry a few different cans and Pocari sweat. Places like that help survive the long stretch.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
A lot of Asian grocery stores carry a few cans, but at $3+ a can it is difficult to accept. There is a Japanese grocery on Kent St in Sydney called Maruyu. They carry a few different cans and Pocari sweat. Places like that help survive the long stretch.
Maruya has a great matcha ice cream machine out the front. It is almost worth the trip just for that.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk