Little Things You Love

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
I just bought my first guitars in fifteen years!! Riding that "big purchase endorphin high" pretty hard!
So many really good options, but ended up getting a great deal on Yamaha SA2200. Impeccable build quality, and probably some of the best electronics in the business (definitely at the price point).

Little scary, I haven't properly played guitar in about three years now, sooooooo this is kinda of a big jump back into it. But not a bad investment one way or another, the SA2200's hold price amazingly (if not appreciate), so worst case I sell it back in another 15years.

Yeah, if you keep it mint, it'll appreciate for sure, after it gets older. Yamahas are great. Regardless, you'll likely just keep it forever anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zaf

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
While on a music theme, I'd done a clean, service and tune 'em up on my Tempus kit, so I set them up tonight. They sound great.

Binaural

Eats Squid
High voltage tennis racquet type bug zapper thingies.

Mozzie plague. Mozzies must die.
Actually, they don't really kill mozzies, but rather a whole host of harmless flying insects, and only get mozzies by accident. Mosquitos aren't attracted to ultraviolet light, they follow trails of carbon dioxide emitted by larger animals when they breathe and are hence basically immune. One study found that of 10,000 or so insects killed during a one-night test, only 8 were mosquitoes. Cheap and nasty summary here: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1997/07/970730060806.htm

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Actually, they don't really kill mozzies, but rather a whole host of harmless flying insects, and only get mozzies by accident. Mosquitos aren't attracted to ultraviolet light, they follow trails of carbon dioxide emitted by larger animals when they breathe and are hence basically immune. One study found that of 10,000 or so insects killed during a one-night test, only 8 were mosquitoes. Cheap and nasty summary here: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1997/07/970730060806.htm

No not those - this is like a little tennis racquet that I use to hunt the little fuckers down with.

There might have been an incident involving a very small moth and collateral damage, but it moved like a mozzie...

Last edited:

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Yeah, that's the plan. Might need to by a new amp at some point as well. I've got my old Fender Acoustasonic DSP 30 for now. Eyeing off something like a Blackstar HT-5RH and then get a cab for it a little later.
The Blackstars look good, but I've never tried one. Regardless, 5 watts should be perfect for home, get the tubes cooking nicely, but without ear bleed.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I just bought my first guitars in fifteen years!! Riding that "big purchase endorphin high" pretty hard!
So many really good options, but ended up getting a great deal on Yamaha SA2200. Impeccable build quality, and probably some of the best electronics in the business (definitely at the price point).

Little scary, I haven't properly played guitar in about three years now, sooooooo this is kinda of a big jump back into it. But not a bad investment one way or another, the SA2200's hold price amazingly (if not appreciate), so worst case I sell it back in another 15years.
Ooh, that's pretty.

LTIH: Not playing my own guitars often enough.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Still looking around, but I think I'll go to a head and cab setup, but likely just hold onto a head unit to begin with. It might not be worth that hassle in the end, and if a good combo comes up for sale i'll no doubt just jump on that and sell the Acoustasonic.

In any case, no rush. Should get good at playing guitar again to begin with, haven't really picked one up in three years.
I’ve got 5 amps, and the one use the most is a 5 watt Vox DA5 modelling amp, set to its 0.5 watt setting. And I don’t play that as much as my fingerstyle acoustic.