Pub Trivia - AKA things that may be beyond the scope of Moorey’s knowledge

Binaural

Eats Squid
Goat.

Bell Labs I think.
Bell Lab is correct! The team was led by William Shockley, who between founding Silicon valley, being a Harvard professor and discovering the most seminal technology imaginable, found time to hold forth on some pretty shockingly racist views even for the time. He was a believer in the voluntary sterilisation of individuals with an IQ below 100, which only has devastating Trump's reelection hopes to recommend it.

From google, Pork is the most eaten meat, but you got one of the questions right so off you go @Comic Book Guy!

scblack

Leucocholic
I lived for plenty of years overlooking the beach at Dee Why on Northern Beaches of Sydney.

How did the suburb Dee Why get its name?

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Named after the Duke of York or something silly like that? That's my guess anyway, off to look it up now...

Edit: not even close... carry on - are we still playing pub trivia or "let's think of the most obscure question possible"?

scblack

Leucocholic
Yeh I’ll chuck something else up. It’s trivia, sometimes that’s difficult. Life is not meant to be easy.

Binaural

Eats Squid
Is this the first commercial or the first one built? This was also invented at Bell Labs per my earlier link, not sure when. If it's first commercial watch, no idea.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
It is probably something dumb like it was actually DY and was an abbreviation for district yellow where everyone pissed on the sand.