Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Breaking: Chemtrails fuelling the fires. High speed rail company clearing the bush. Agenda 21. Get ready folks.
Are they serious or just taking the piss...A high speed rail line through the high country? Sure, it's good for us wanting to get to Thredbo, but for the other 99.3% of the population that just want to get SYD>MELB...not so much.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
You are in a dream, FP. City only cares about their amenity. Smoke makes it uncomfortable, smoke leaves, people happy again. Back to BAU.

I listen to people.

I talk to people.

I watch people.

People are going about their merry way, here in the city.

SNAFU.
Bullshit, plain and simple.

Wtf are they meant to do, run about the place screaming like chicken little?

Last edited:

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Why is IPA shit being given viewing cycles?
Sorta like looking at a road accident and not being able to look away...

Seriously though, this shit is scary. They’re stepping it up with slick videos aimed at young hip kids. Plenty will buy it and that’s worrying...

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
You can have your thoughts, I can have mine.

I know people don't really care, for reasons I've stated.

Another anecdote from today. Saw educated & wealthy neighbour for the first time in a week or so. "Not so happy New Year" I said.

"Oh, why so?"

"Straya's on fire of course!"

"Oh yes, but it is often on fire & this is nothing new".

She is what I would describe as the epitome of city normal.

Last edited:

Haakon

Bullshit, plain and simple.

Wtf are they meant to do, run about the place screaming like chicken little?
Im with hifi on this, most people don’t care. Most people don’t even know, they just feel happier with simple answers that don’t challenge them and let them not think about it. It’s how the LNP lines work so well - the truth is complicated and uncomfortable so it’s easy to sell a simple calming lie.

Also, there is lot of greed and stupidity.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
You can have your thoughts, I can have mine.

I know people don't really care, for reasons I've stated.

Another anecdote from today. Saw educated & wealthy neighbour for the first time in a week or so. "No so happy New Year" I said.

"Oh, why so?"

"Straya's on fire of course!"

"Oh yes, but it is often on fire & this is nothing new".

She is what I would describe as the epitome of city normal.
You generalize 6 million people based on your limited personal interactions. You know that is faulty thinking but you allow yourself that indulgence because you’re (justifiably) pissed about lack of climate action.

Haakon

You generalize 6 million people based on your limited personal interactions. You know that is faulty thinking but you allow yourself that indulgence because you’re (justifiably) pissed about lack of climate action.
It is a generalisation for sure, exceptions to the rule are the rule...

Ignorance and apathy are more common that not in my experience though.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I interact with people from ranging economic & social backgrounds, across the entire city in both work & personal life.

I know what the underlying city-centric feelings are.

Sydney celebrated with fireworks FFS. I cannot think of a single person I talked to who thought it was a ridiculous notion. Well, one person. One. And it wasn't even my wife!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Im with hifi on this, most people don’t care. Most people don’t even know, they just feel happier with simple answers that don’t challenge them and let them not think about it. It’s how the LNP lines work so well - the truth is complicated and uncomfortable so it’s easy to sell a simple calming lie.

Also, there is lot of greed and stupidity.
On climate change, absolutely. On the current bushfire crisis? I disagree.