Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Greta wont change anything - no one sitting on the fence anywhere is going to respond to being lectured and yelled at by a teenager that lacks a filter.

i bloody agree with her, and cant stand watching more than a few seconds of her - god knows what its like for someone who disagress.

every effort needs to be put into finding a way into the brains of enough republicans to shift them - talk to Boris, hes probably the best chance of influencing those idiots. very likely, one of those options is pushing nuclear power and how america should take the lead in the technologies to achieve the change

moorey

call me Mia
She’s a catalyst, and a spokesperson. She’ll become a leader. She’s already doing more proactively than almost anyone. Rather than just ‘raising awareness’ (god, I hate that term), she’s genuinely changing the conversation. The fact that so many hate her, proves that.
A few mates ask me ‘why is a teenage girl trying to change the world?’
My question is, why aren’t others?

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
A view we share.

Greta Thunberg is a puppet, and represents the 'problem' with CC activism. It's too easy for the deniers to disregard activism when it's giving the appearance of being a charade.

I like making broad statements to bring out the projectionists.

I've been on the CC train for at least a decade. It's why I finally got an internet machine. Science is not religion, and people need to understand that before they open their mouths.
We don’t agree. She is not a leader in my own science centric view, but she is a leader for her generation and she is to be applauded on every level. The anger of her betrayed generation I think should be way louder.

She is not a puppet you muppet... That’s typical RWNJ bullshit thrown at someone they don’t understand.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
She’s a catalyst, and a spokesperson. She’ll become a leader. She’s already doing more proactively than almost anyone. Rather than just ‘raising awareness’ (god, I hate that term), she’s genuinely changing the conversation. The fact that so many hate her, proves that.
A few mates ask me ‘why is a teenage girl trying to change the world?’
My question is, why aren’t others?
Well said.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Any tone your reading intoy comment is put there by you not me. So often in these discussions no matter what either sides says the other reads the tone they want.

As to Gretta Thunberg (these is going to be plenty of time here) I don't understand the hate, Alan Jones has been taken to court and fined for spending years making a family's life a nightmare because of lies yet he is a poster boy of the conservative thinkers. One young Woman stands up and says this is bullshit and the entire conservation world falls to pieces, harden up princesses you have been yelling at people for decades.
She's a child. You mentioned Alan Jones again (out of context too) .... I think your first sentence can be disregarded

(I despise Alan Jones) * trying to prevent more misfires.

FigBo0T

We don’t agree. She is not a leader in my own science centric view, but she is a leader for her generation and she is to be applauded on every level. The anger of her betrayed generation I think should be way louder.

She is not a puppet you muppet... That’s typical RWNJ bullshit thrown at someone they don’t understand.
Sigh .... this is why the deniers win.

Hate on, wankers.

Mr Adonis

Likes Bikes
[QUOTE=

Unfortunately, I also don't think your views are unpopular, just self-serving. I'll put this question to you - what negatives are there to reducing or energy use, resource consumption and emissions? Do you want to live on a dirtier, more costly, more polluted planet? Regardless of political views - surely no-one wants that?

Good question! there are no negatives to reducing our pollution, and emissions. Im all for that, my whole point is that there is no link to CC and bushfires - thats it. I think that humans have no impact on the environment.
Right now im at work, and cant be bothered finding all the links to back up my views - BUT if i find them, ill get hounded down for saying they come from Murdoch Sources, or other 'right wing' networks, so whats the point - I cant win either way.
I really admire your passion, but think its misplaced - it should be China, India, you guys should be protesting to. Those 2 countries dont give a stuff about the environment.
What ive realised is that you cant have a civil discussion about CC - you will be called any name under the sun.

Last edited:

FigBo0T

Next person who says greens stop the hazard reduction burns without supplying evidence for that claim is getting their tyres let down and barrel adjusters fiddled with.
I'm surprised nobody has picked up on that one yet. I could find a FB link, but the 'evidence' clause makes it difficult.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
She's a child. You mentioned Alan Jones again (out of context too) .... I think your first sentence can be disregarded

(I despise Alan Jones) * trying to prevent more misfires.
Yes there is tone, it's general exasperation, frustration and disappointment. I have kids who I don't really want to bring up in this world but hindsight is 20/20 and that's my burden to bare.

The point I'm trying to make with AJ and GT is that they are all spokes people so everyone needs to go in eyes open. They are the same thing so they should be measured equally, the fake outrage over GT is BS because the same people look up to AJ.

This is it from me here it's the wrong thread for this and I avoid the right one because of (see first paragraph).

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Yeah, perhaps this thread should be more focussed on Australia getting through the next two months, and the larger drivers of our situation in the other thread?

Someone knocked up a realtime canberra air quality site which is quite useful: https://www.canberraair.com/

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I'm surprised nobody has picked up on that one yet. I could find a FB link, but the 'evidence' clause makes it difficult.
It’s one of those claims that get thrown about a lot but I’ve only ever seen evidence against, not for.

So people need to put up or shut up on that point otherwise we’re just yelling at each other.

I’ll post my evidence later today.

FigBo0T

And? She is the one with the most to lose, not us.
If you think age defines a leader, I’m going to have to strongly disagree there.
She doesn't represent herself, mate. Her parents, guardians, EU politicians, and green energy moguls put her where she is, and tell her what to say. It doesn't matter how right she is, it's a facade. The movement has little to no credibility in the world of high finance, which is the real world, unfortunately.