Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Don’t take this personally. No one wants Greta to be your personal Jesus.
I get that she triggers a lot of people. It’s usually people with more to lose, or those who are misinformed, imho.
I’m not saying you’re either. There are exceptions to every rule.
Yeah, they do want me to worship her. She doesn't trigger me, people who don't see past the catch phrases do. She is what the media made. I don't eat shit. This isn't about Greta, it's about the religion.
Science is not religion, and it loses credibility when it's treated as such.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Yeah, they do want me to worship her. She doesn't trigger me, people who don't see past the catch phrases do. She is what the media made. I don't eat shit. This isn't about Greta, it's about the religion.
Who’s treating it as a religion...? It’s only the conservatives who says it’s a religion, anyone with a passing grade in science understands it’s literally the opposite of religion.

It’s like treating a belief in gravity or maths as a religion....

FigBo0T

Who’s treating it as a religion...? It’s only the conservatives who says it’s a religion, anyone with a passing grade in science understands it’s literally the opposite of religion.

You personalize my generalizations to dismiss them. Sophistry is a waste of time.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

He's talking about the way it's being presented. He might be using hyperbole, but he's not entirely incorrect either. We get to see Greta's tears on the news because it polarises people (media loves this because it gets them views, but also makes them not have to tackle actually reporting on the issues or policticians response to them thoroughly). It either makes you feel good that someone's willing to take up the fight, or makes you feel like it's just some hysterical exaggeration depending what side of the debate you lean toward.

FigBo0T

Perhaps we should just all start building our houses under the ocean so we are no longer threatened by bushfires. Then we can blame the Green's when we all get eaten by fucking sharks.
60,000 years, and a nomadic existence ..... some environments don't conform to our demands. Why do we demand?

moorey

call me Mia
Wait. Who wants you to worship her?
No, science is self correcting by design. Religion is steadfast, despite logic or evidence.
Anti science and pro religion tend to go hand in hand.

FigBo0T

He's talking about the way it's being presented. He might be using hyperbole, but he's not entirely incorrect either. We get to see Greta's tears on the news because it polarises people (media loves this because it gets them views, but also makes them not have to tackle actually reporting on the issues or policticians response to them thoroughly). It either makes you feel good that someone's willing to take up the fight, or makes you feel like it's just some hysterical exaggeration depending what side of the debate you lean toward.
Good to see some people get it. My aim is to make people think outside the box a bit. Or outside the feelings?

Being rational and logical doesn't go anywhere any more. You have to prod.

I'm not like most trolls.:rolleyes:

FigBo0T

Anti science and pro religion tend to go hand in hand.
They used to.
For over 20 years, the science has been unanimous, the data irrefutable, and yet it was refutable, and the models have been adjusted.
That's not a big issue for me. It just proves scientific principle. Climate change is real, and the anthropomorphic input is as obvious as the plastic kettle boiling your water, for your freeze dried instant coffee.
For 20 years 'da peeples' didn't give a shit. Now it's socially commendable to give trophy's to everyone who participated, and a 'guru' is "making a difference"

@FigBo0T, have you tried being charismatic?
Where's the fun in that?

moorey

call me Mia
Good to see some people get it. My aim is to make people think outside the box a bit. Or outside the feelings?

Being rational and logical doesn't go anywhere any more. You have to prod.

I'm not like most trolls.:rolleyes:
I feel like you’re playing the misunderstood victim here. You’ve made numerous big claims and statements without backing them up, and ignored people when they’ve countered your claims.
This thread has returned to politics, rather than fire discussion. I’m as guilty as anyone. Will do better.

FigBo0T

I feel like you’re playing the misunderstood victim here. You’ve made numerous big claims and statements without backing them up, and ignored people when they’ve countered your claims.
This thread has returned to politics, rather than fire discussion. I’m as guilty as anyone. Will do better.
I haven't been able to keep up with the replies. I don't feel like a victim. Not sure where that comes from.
I think most people replying to me are misunderstanding me, but that's understandable because I've been deliberately evasive, as I tried to explain above.
I don't vote Liberal, or Labor. Have voted Green in the past. Don't like Scott Morrison. Don't believe he could have prevented any of this disaster either. I don't like 'city people', but am pretty much 'city people'. I can smell one from here.

I don't like or dislike Greta. I don't like the 'movement'. It's an environment that breeds religious intent.

What claims do you want me to back up?

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Yeah, whatever...
So when we hear the majority of fires are lit by firebugs. blame it on climate change.
Lack of backburning thanks to stupid green policies, lets just blame climate change.
Remember, even if Australia goes back to the stone age, with ZERO carbon emmisions, there would be NO effect to the temperature.
What is your opinion of Ross Garnaut’s report?

Also, what is your understanding of backburning; what it is and who decides when it’s used?

@Mr Adonis, you don’t need to expect everybody to agree with you, but you are well out of your depth here.

Last edited: