What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Have been a bit unwell last few days which was curbing my riding. Fuckit went for shuttles at Boomers today. Fuck yeah that place is wicked. Hit a double black jump line blind after being told once you drop in don't brake and lift for the boner log.... Solid advice. By 3rd run had it nicely under control.

Longer 45mm stem finally made my 485 reach bike feel longish for my 174 height. Was great, loaded the front tyre that bit more to really balance the bike vs the 35mm stem feeling like I was a little rear heavy on really fast corners.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
ingredients/recipe? hopefullly has the juice of a rare desert cactus, and is mixed in the ball bag of a big male red kangaroo to aid virility
I'm not a pro....... :p

I used Coopers Brewing Sugar from Big W for the 80/20 Maltodextrin/Dextrose, and Apple and Raspberry Cordial instead of lemon juice. I also used Murray River Pink Salt, which has all the minerals (potassium etc) but more importantly it was in the pantry. The article said normal table salt.

The whole lot cost me $8.50 and will make roughly 14 litres. So it's a bit cheaper, but I can control how much of what goes in it.

slowmick

38-39"
Went for a pedal out at Silvan yesterday to get some more technical practice. New shoes, new cleats and new pedals. Stopped at the bottom of JJs and fell sideways into the bracken. 20 years on clipless pedals and still falling off with a a new set up. I was shattered and enjoyed the rest. I got a laugh and nobody saw it.

Dangals

Likes Dirt
Yesterday I went and sussed out another trail area I used to ride way back when.....still learning my gopro and the first 2 attempts resulted in completely unusable footage :rolleyes: but got there in the end.

Also playing around with the editing software I am using and animated some bits and pieces which surprisingly I am enjoying more than I expected.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Yesterday I went and sussed out another trail area I used to ride way back when.....still learning my gopro and the first 2 attempts resulted in completely unusable footage :rolleyes: but got there in the end.

Also playing around with the editing software I am using and animated some bits and pieces which surprisingly I am enjoying more than I expected.
some good footage, bit of youtube compression, i like camera view slightly higher, seems dry there, ?western nsw

Dangals

Likes Dirt
i like camera view slightly higher, seems dry there, ?western nsw
Still playing with different camera mounts but I like how the chin mount doesn't get too much bike in the way like a chest cam does but feels closer to the action than mounting on top of the helmet.

Yeah just on the edge of the Blue Mountains, for such good terrain there is very few proper trails (legal ones anyway) that can be ridden.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Received it, assembled it, put a sticker on it. It's a bit of a project at the moment. Flat front tyre. I think it's tubeless, but no sign of sealant in there. I guess that's why there was a new tube in the box. Shifter cable outer self destructed in transit, and the rear mech doesn't look healthy. Small things. Should be rideable tomorrow.

Attachments

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
That will be load of fun for you. Glad you picked it up. The all white looks super - even with a Crossmark on the back - have to save weight somewhere :)

FigBo0T

Tyre sorted. It did have a tube. Tyre and tube have a cut in the sidewall. Replaced tube and inserted air. Looks good. I think I need to service the front hub. It doesn't spin very well. No idea how that might work. I assume there shouldn't be any play in the spacers?

Rear mech is still arguing with the cassette. Probably not going to work until I find a replacement cable. Almost endurobro.

FigBo0T

That will be load of fun for you. Glad you picked it up. The all white looks super - even with a Crossmark on the back - have to save weight somewhere :)
I thought about chucking the white Norco bars on it, but then remembered they're only 680 mm. The Deity bars will go on shortly. Probably swap the cranks for the SLX too.
My research on Pinkbike tells me everyone put SLX cranks on their Nomad in 2010 .... coffee shop cred is mine!!!! albeit 10 years behind the times.