What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
One happy chappie in my house... the other was hell bent on a Canyon Spectral even with my attempts to get them to try as many other bikes as possible, so his will be about 4-5 weeks away.

Managed to fit #1 on a M/L, the dropper zooms too high and the 820mm bars need cut... Hoping that will do them a year or two now.

nathanm

Eats Squid
One happy chappie in my house... the other was hell bent on a Canyon Spectral even with my attempts to get them to try as many other bikes as possible, so his will be about 4-5 weeks away.

Managed to fit #1 on a M/L, the dropper zooms too high and the 820mm bars need cut... Hoping that will do them a year or two now.
Am I bad parent because I put my step-son on a used Giant Talon? Back in my day we used to get a penny farthing as our first bike.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Am I bad parent because I put my step-son on a used Giant Talon? Back in my day we used to get a penny farthing as our first bike.
he’ll sue you when he’s old enough, and realises dozer can supply all of your previous posts under subpoena

talon is a bit rough, maybe an old 26” duallie, even 100mm would do the trick, like that stolen SC, i see the odd one kickin around for 500 or just above

nathanm

Eats Squid
he’ll sue you when he’s old enough, and realises dozer can supply all of your previous posts under subpoena

talon is a bit rough, maybe an old 26” duallie, even 100mm would do the trick, like that stolen SC, i see the odd one kickin around for 500 or just above
When the little bastard wins the DH world cup he'll thank me for teaching him to ride on a "real bike".

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Just the cover when in highest gear.
It should slip under spring.
If you disassemble that bad boy it’s either 5h of tedious work or bin fodder.
Yep. I watched the wrong Youtube video, didn't I ... 1 hour down, and I'm done. It's bound for the bin. Stupid cunt with 15k views took the shifter bolt out, apparently for no reason at all. While I was busy putting the new cable in [square peg in round hole] (shitful design, no matter how 'simple' it may be) the upshifter came loose and popped the spring. It's more than enough reason to use Shimano, I reckon.

ETA this video

Last edited:

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got mine back from the shop after a much needed professional tune up. Hopefully there's a break in the weather over the weekend so I can get it back on the trails

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Grabbed some metal pads for the saint calipers. Time to fit em and get rid of this resin pad shit I have been riding for a couple of weeks.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
yeah this got me in the fuckwits thread
It's where I belong. I learned this the hard way playing with drones. A video with 200,000 views, claiming to show how to dismantle for repair, shows you step-by-step, how to destroy your motherboard. The creator neglects to tell you this though.

So I spent another hour achieving fuck-all with the Sram shitter. Watched more genius videos on how to put it back together ..... One guy tells dick jokes for the entire video, and even edits out the part where he mounts the spring under the retainer plate doohicky ..... another speaks in Indonesian and covers what he's doing, others play music, and explain nothing on potato cam .....

The Nomad now has an LX derailleur and shifter and rides nice. ...... seriously pissed off with Sram shit now. If it wasn't a total fire ban, I'd do a sacrificial burning.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I rode one of those Remedys last time I was down at Maydena & was very impressed. Lucky kid.
Same at Derby.
They punch well above their weight.
We went to Maydena expecting to hire some Remedys, their bikes were in bits, they had several bikes out of action and were struggling to meet pre booked hire contracts.
So I got them 2 x Remedys at Evolution MTB in Derby when we returned.

Already posted this video on the 'Derby' page... this was first run after leaving the shop, shuttled straight to BlackStump, I said to take it easy as I was broken and they were on the first run on strange bikes... they were out of sight in 20 seconds.

There's only 10 months between them and I've bought them the same stuff all their life, they were adamant they wanted different bikes so they didnt look like twins but if Trek had brought both the coloured Remedy 8 and the black (USA) one in, they would both be riding them.