Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Remember the last medical report's famous accuracy...

pence must be so confused right now. True or false has a 50/50 each way. He won't sleep! Is Santa bringing him a gift or coal?

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
But when Donald Trump let rip for nearly two hours, it was as if the captain had announced a sudden whim to land the plane on water while wearing a blindfold. We sat tight for an unnerving journey.

On a day that a hundred American deaths were reported, the US president made clear his intention to reopen the country for business much sooner than expected and, seemingly, sooner than medical experts believe to be safe. Everything we know about him suggests this impulse has been guided by Fox News, the Wall Street Journal, the stock market, poll numbers, the imminent election and pure gut instinct. Not science.

To watch Trump talk himself into this rash action in real time from a seat 30 feet (10 metres) away was to witness the awesome and terrifying power of the American president over life and death. It is a solemn burden that he, the first White House occupant with no prior political or military experience, is uniquely unqualified to bear.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
No way man. He has "real world experience". He has ran businesses. That's worth so much more than all those politicians put together...

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Moar moron:

Trump: ‘Wouldn’t it be great to have all of the churches full’ on Easter?
Trump expanded on how he picked Easter as the day he’d like American businesses to reopen, telling Fox News’s Bill Hemmer in an interview that it would be a “beautiful thing” to see the churches full on the Christian holiday.

“Look, Easter’s a very special thing for me,” Trump said. “And I say, wouldn’t it be great to have all of the churches full?”
Trump then hedged that he wasn’t sure Easter — which is less than three weeks away — would be the day, but that it was the date he was aiming for so people could attend services.

Trump and Hemmer walked along the West Wing colonnade for their one-on-one interview. They stood within spitting distance of each other, flouting the social distancing guidance of six feet of separation. At the end of their conversation, Trump stuck out his hand for a shake and then said, “Whoops.” Hemmer offered an elbow tap instead.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Moar moron:

Trump: ‘Wouldn’t it be great to have all of the churches full’ on Easter?
Trump expanded on how he picked Easter as the day he’d like American businesses to reopen, telling Fox News’s Bill Hemmer in an interview that it would be a “beautiful thing” to see the churches full on the Christian holiday.

“Look, Easter’s a very special thing for me,” Trump said. “And I say, wouldn’t it be great to have all of the churches full?”
Trump then hedged that he wasn’t sure Easter — which is less than three weeks away — would be the day, but that it was the date he was aiming for so people could attend services.

Trump and Hemmer walked along the West Wing colonnade for their one-on-one interview. They stood within spitting distance of each other, flouting the social distancing guidance of six feet of separation. At the end of their conversation, Trump stuck out his hand for a shake and then said, “Whoops.” Hemmer offered an elbow tap instead.
He's trying to get the whole thing done with by their Autumn before the election in November. But... Trump's goose was cooked when the CDC fucked up the test kits. If the rescue package stalls in congress due to the whopping handouts to big business he will be doubly screwed.

The US is a looser federation than Australia so each state can choose its own suite of measures. I expect that the more populous blue states will go harder on the lockdowns. The less populous red states will probably go easier in the name of jobs. We will probably see mortality rates split along political lines, just like swine flu.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
^^^ Been spreading this message far & wide...up to other countries now to turn COVID19 into a positive, snatching global dominance from the orange one.