COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Who's still at work? Are you going against your work's policy to stay home?
Our company's stance has been to follow the official advice from the government, which has been non-committal and convoluted to say the least, but to be honest, the more this goes on, the more uncomfortable I am with actually coming to work. I wish the government would just shut everything down for 2-3 weeks. Short term pain, long term gain.
The thing with scotty is that he is ideological right winger, so any big decision is all or nothing. Parts of australia can be shutdown and reopened as required. He just can’t see that, all he sees is lockdown = 6months inside. If we need to go to level 3/4 for a month to control things then go back to level 2 people will get it.. Atm he is openly putting the economy first until it is untenable.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Our company's stance has been to follow the official advice from the government, which has been non-committal and convoluted to say the least, but to be honest, the more this goes on, the more uncomfortable I am with actually coming to work. I wish the government would just shut everything down for 2-3 weeks. Short term pain, long term gain.
Take all the precautions and make sure people around you are doing the right thing. It makes me appreciate people working in the health system that are dealing with the virus firsthand a whole lot more.

indica

Serial flasher
We are. Government workers in a place that can't really run without us. We have 20 days Pandemic Leave available. Hopefully we wind back services provided and I am directed to stay at home. That will be on full pay. I'm one of the lucky but also unlucky ones. If/ when it gets in there it will be carnage.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
this is not quite as bad as trump, but it’s certainly in the same vein. Economy trumps lives.

Scott Morrison finishes with this last bit, which is why things are so confused:
But we must have an orderly transition that ensures that workers and, as I said last night, an essential worker is a worker with a job, because I don’t want any parent to have to choose between putting food on the table for their kids, and for their kids getting an education.
That is not a choice I want any parent in this country to have to make.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
How many people would dump the shopping on the kitchen table and sort it, then leave items in original packaging and put them away that an infected person may have touched or sneezed on at the shops ? All the surface contact in the back of the car, then wipe their eyes or pick their nose afterwards.
How many people in self isolation are placing their used tissues and soiled cleaning products in infectious waste bags??
it will just go into the regular rubbish, only to be dumped onto any landfill in the general area, and then carried by the wind to end up where ever the breeze takes it.
I have been saying this for weeks, but there is so many holes in our defences where do we stop!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
We are. Government workers in a place that can't really run without us. We have 20 days Pandemic Leave available. Hopefully we wind back services provided and I am directed to stay at home. That will be on full pay. I'm one of the lucky but also unlucky ones. If/ when it gets in there it will be carnage.
How are they keeping it out of your workplace and away from your 'clients'? Is there a social distancing policy in place for the chaps?

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
We are. Government workers in a place that can't really run without us.
Yep, same here, but i'm also surrounded by Military personel just to add another level of bureaucracy!
We have been instructed to adhere to strict social distancing measures, and have been told it's one out all out (unless you are classed as essential services)..unfortunately for me, we are also classed as essential!

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm 70/30 for working at home vs heading in to work; 'work' is only 3 people within an office though so our desks are separated by a fair bit and I've made sure I've got my own whiteboard markers.

moorey

call me Mia
Must be hard for you mate
To be honest, like most people, I feel pretty useless, is all.
I spend most of my time trying to build rapport with my kids so that they can learn to trust and build relationships again. This makes that part hard.
I have it easy, TBH, it’s others out there I feel for, both clients and their carers, let alone those out there losing their income and careers.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
We're on as normal at the moment, full crew is only five of us, and I'm safely tucked away in the workshop. If we have to close the door to walk-in traffic we'll try to keep the workshop going, 'cos I've got about a week's worth of work already booked, and the other guys will do pick-ups & deliveries so we can at least stay somewhat functional.

indica

Serial flasher
How are they keeping it out of your workplace and away from your 'clients'? Is there a social distancing policy in place for the chaps?
Ummm, we have hand sanitiser when we come to work.
And they are playing an interesting over crowding game. No social distancing at all for them, and some poor measures for us.

Flow-Rider

Burner
How many people in self isolation are placing their used tissues and soiled cleaning products in infectious waste bags??
it will just go into the regular rubbish, only to be dumped onto any landfill in the general area, and then carried by the wind to end up where ever the breeze takes it.
I have been saying this for weeks, but there is so many holes in our defences where do we stop!
Scary thoughts, all of it should be burnt really.