COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

indica

Serial flasher
Had the 2 standard 'get out of jail' jabs back when we had to have them to function in the world and keep our jobs.
I had three jabs, covid probably 11-ty times.
Saw my old man recently, had just gone + on a RAT. Gave him a hug cos he's my old man and old. No covid for me.

. Mask always in my shirt pocket, so even when I duck in to pay for my diesel I put it on.
I hope you are okay

Gotta look after the vulnerable.
Yes, we have chicken pox kicking around at work ATM

Jabubu

let you google that for me
I've not had it as far as I'm aware - that's not to say I've haven't caught it but been asymptomatic.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I've had it 3 times, I'm a social butterfly and like people. Between the first and second, I had a thing they named novid... fuck, that knocked the shit out of me. Neg all the way and felt at least twice as bad as the real vid.

Only lasted the same timeframe as a dose of the vid but I felt like shit.
"Novid" might have been a term I invented...; certainly a term I've used, and not seen anywhere else.... A few months before I got the proper 'vid, I caught some god-awful beast of a thing from one of the guys in my work team. Tested neg every time, but felt like shit for a few days, and could barely speak for three weeks, my throat was fucked!

Had the 2 standard 'get out of jail' jabs back when we had to have them to function in the world and keep our jobs.
That's all I've had too

My missus works with NDIS and nursing home dementia patients, (snip)

Gotta look after the vulnerable.
Yeah, really have to "look after" people who are in the Grim Reaper's waiting room and unnaturally extend their suffering........

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I've avoided it thus far. But I have minimal contact with humans outside my family group. Still mask up when I go to the shops. Mask always in my shirt pocket, so even when I duck in to pay for my diesel I put it on. It has just become habit.
Wearing a mask does close to fuck-all for prevention of receiving an infection, its main effect is reduction of transmitting something you already have. If you pass through an infected exhalation from someone, it's going to stick to your mask that you keep breathing through, and eventually it will get through and into you. If you have something aerially infectious, when you exhale, the vast majority gets caught in the mask, and although a bit may escape, the risk of infecting anotgher person is very very low, unless maybe you're really getting in their face......

cammas

Seamstress
So the Mrs and I had dodged it until Xmas just past, both of us hit hard high temp knocking 40 degrees, blacking out, hallucinating, couldn’t move, eat and only could drink. Sickest I’ve ever felt, head and eyes aching so bad that I had to lay there with ice cubes wrapped in a flannel pushed into my eye sockets to try and dull the pain, I did drop about 7 kilos, Mrs Cammas was just as bad, my mum and daughter who both live with us were sick for a day or two, it was mums third bout and my daughters about sixth time.

Was crook for ages afterwards too, Mrs was negative within about five days but oh no not me, ended testing positive for about 21 days give or take while still having symptoms, one of the worst Christmas’s and to make it worse my youngest granddaughter also got it, we think, but she was less than 4 weeks old at the time so to young for us to test and to top it off it was a week off from work but work were happy to swap it out for sick leave, I have plenty of both.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Wearing a mask does close to fuck-all for prevention of receiving an infection, its main effect is reduction of transmitting something you already have. If you pass through an infected exhalation from someone, it's going to stick to your mask that you keep breathing through, and eventually it will get through and into you. If you have something aerially infectious, when you exhale, the vast majority gets caught in the mask, and although a bit may escape, the risk of infecting anotgher person is very very low, unless maybe you're really getting in their face......
Yes, that is the same reason medical staff wear masks. It is not so they won't catch any bug from the patient, it is so the patient will be less likely to catch anything from them. A mask would be more effective for picking up a virus than nothing at all but it's not the intent of the mask.