COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If i was to do a no contact delivery of stuff to my elderly parents should we use soemthing om packaging of the items i handled?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
If i was to do a no contact delivery of stuff to my elderly parents should we use soemthing om packaging of the items i handled?
And what about everybody else who has handled the packages before you?

You could bring a the loot home and decant into fresh packaging/containers. You'd want to be pretty strict. Load it all up on the dining table where you have plenty of space. Get packages open and make inside accessible without cross contamination. Wash yourself down hard. Glove up optional. Shift items to fresh packaging (maybe contained you've run through the dishwasher) and close it all up. Bag/box it for travel. Drop it down and open up the exterior packages so your parents can retrieve from inside without contact. That way everything they touch and take into the house is clean and you can take away the travel packaging. Lots of handwashing along the way, similar to if you were cutting raw chicken and playing up salad for people at the same time.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
This had a pretty good explanation about the similarities and differences between SARS and COVID-19
https://www.iflscience.com/health-a...y-the-covid19-coronavirus-is-worse-than-sars/
I was going to mention that article too, good description without getting too technically heavy.

For anyone who hasn't yet read it, the key difference between Covid-19 and other Corona viruses - which includes the common cold - is the parts of the respiratory tract it gets into. SARS & other Coronas break into lung tissue and cause symptoms before there's sufficient viral load to become transmissible; isolation at early signs of illness quickly halts the spread. CV-19 attacks cells much higher up the respiratory tract, so is able to build up enough viral load to become transmissible before the body presents symptoms that it's crook. Don't feel crook, no apparent need to isolate, and that's the bugger's nasty little trick.