What does your day look like?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
2nd and third pic far lright is a roll, albeit close to vertical only about 2m drop, 1st pic is the landing zone before your hit the next 1.5m roll in...jump line just to the right is much easier at pace, just a bit more intimidating.
Is that at Mt Narra?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I read a book once, a novel and not a particularly good one, in which the author talked about snow falling in some areas of Qld. I assumed he was just on the creative licence.

stirk

Burner
I read a book once, a novel and not a particularly good one, in which the author talked about snow falling in some areas of Qld. I assumed he was just on the creative licence.
The granite belt part of Queensland is as high as parts of the blue mountains that regularly receive snowfall so definitely possible. I believe lots of frost is more common.

Flow-Rider

Burner
It does occasionally snow in Stanthorpe, it's not uncommon in inland Qld over winter to have a warm midday and then freezing overnight temps.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
2015 was the last time. Woke up to about 10cm of snow. Got the bike out of course...

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Back from a week camping in the mountains near the border. Thus missed all the fun.

I am a sook, no early morning rides this time. Between 0 and -4C every day for a week. Mind you the hikes were epic. Will post up a shot or two laterer.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Spent a week nestled in the shadow of Mt Superbus. Literally, needed the petrol generator to make up for the lost nuclear power. 6 hours of solar panels gained about 10AH. Batteries were used for lighting, refrigerator and heating the bed!

Did a number of bush walks and hikes up the sides of mountains including an unmarked run up Mt Superbus which was pretty challenging. Planned the trip around getting back to the car by 16:00 and even then it was very dark in the rain forest, so much so that if we added an hour we would have needed torches to get back. Not much riding. I took the Cannondale to ride the forestry roads and trails and did maybe 30km through the week and a little up and around the farm we were on.

One of our hikes was up through/past Gordon country, I have heard great things about it and seen some great photos. I have to say the experience of driving through that place during school holidays with only Qlders is enough to place a lifetime ban on going there. Whoever does the promo shots deserves an Oscar for best fantasy series. And while there were lots of Qlders on the roads and in the camps I saw quite a few enterprising NSW vehicles with A border passes driving around towing caravans, hmmmmmmmm.

Anyway a couple of quick shots.

We were camped under this:

This thing was in the sky:

One of the hikes took us to here (scenic rim hike which is not really a formal track but is easily followed from one peak to another):

Lots of stuff like this to see:

And this:

And this:

With some of these along the way:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
A couple of quick things...

Currently sitting outside a cafe enjoying the sun and a coffee.

- either a 'bra boy just strode past or their brother's keeper slogan is the sort of thing people that aren't in their gang wear on jumpers now?

- dude with maxi tattoos on face+neck+hands just walked past while reading a book. I didn't catch the title.

I get the feeling that Russell Crowe's only good film (Romper Stomper) should be compulsory viewing for high school kids.