The Woodwork thread

ausdb

Being who he is
Come on fellas, one of you wood whisperers needs to have a shot at a wood bike

Holy crap the forces on that crown must be out of this world, just found their Bookface page looks like they wrap wire around the tree whilst its growing to get the funky shapes.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Alright wood gurus, who can I commission to knock me up one of these or something similar out of offcuts/scrap of something nice/native (Aus or NZ only)?

I have a few sets of these knives and use them daily now I'm at home a lot more and doing all the cooking, but putting them in their box all the time is giving me the absolute irrates.

I can supply the magnets as I have a heap of discs here that I'm thinking could just be countersunk and glued into the back as opposed to being sealed internally.

I can pay in cash, beer, coffee beans or any mix off.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Alright wood gurus, who can I commission to knock me up one of these or something similar out of offcuts/scrap of something nice/native (Aus or NZ only)?

View attachment 366880

I have a few sets of these knives and use them daily now I'm at home a lot more and doing all the cooking, but putting them in their box all the time is giving me the absolute irrates.

I can supply the magnets as I have a heap of discs here that I'm thinking could just be countersunk and glued into the back as opposed to being sealed internally.

I can pay in cash, beer, coffee beans or any mix off.
Where abouts are you @nzhumpy ?

Scotty675

Cable thief
I've got a lot of whiteboard, MDF and Lamiwood offcuts. Native to Ballarat if that's what you are after?
Seriously though I could knock some thing up if you like. Where are you located?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Just a suggestion for tge knife block. See if somoeone has any mallee root or wattle root. Get a slab just big enough, doesnt need to be symetrical and then fill the holes with pewter.

tobbogonist

a registered member
Finally set up the lathe I bought 6 months ago. I now have a dumbell shaped wood thing and a beard full if sawdust. It is surprisingly cathartic.
Built a little kicker ramp yesterday, hit it a few times then scrapped it.