What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
So... a bit of a story here.

My 2 boys and their 2 mates, a young Scutch and Freschie who are the team formerly known as the Dirt Squirts, now 'We the Boys' now god knows...

They have started hunting KOM's, they're all at the age of 14 and 15 are starting to pop some long time standing times from a few very fast adults.

They are probably 4 of the fastest top 5 under 17's in SA.

I said to them, why not start a YouTube channel... and even named it for them after hearing their lingo, "I'm going to YOINK that KOM off xxxx" , even among themselves yoinking each others.

So I said start a channel called KOM Yoinkers ? They are not happy but I made them do this one, will let them stew on it for a day or two, then see how they feel.

Yoink this , Yoink that... yoink his KOM, yoink the KOM he took... its all about yoinking the KOM.

Have a look...

Its currently a private video, so only yous RB'ers can see it with this link. They dont want to talk on video... FFS, thats why I will leave it with them.

EDIT: Back in the day when we could run a HR of 220 :p

Last edited:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Big effort & determination for a kid! The world would be a better place if all kids were like that!

Adults too
Sprinting up a 2.5km climb with over 150vm climbing can only be good.
-8 seconds... that KOM won't last the weekend.

They are away at 8 this morning, riding jumps parks and shuttling Belair on the train with their mates.
No doubt, he'll be back on the XC bike tomorrow yoinking that segment :p

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Rode it!

Been trying to get the bike fitness back up before they release us Melburnians out into the wild again, so have hit up Footscray/Quarry Park trails up the last two weekends. Being urban based - the trails are very short (but good fun), though are perfect to clear the cobwebs out. I took the Waltly out last weekend, and the Highball (formally known as @Scotty675's) out for a single-speed session this time.

Surprised myself to be honest, I thought with my very average fitness I'd manage about 3-5 unbroken climbs, then probably push parts of the next few (these are not long or especially steep climbs, but I was being realistic). Got about 9 climbs in unbroken into a (in)decent headwind, and pushed up one more. Wasn't actually too wrecked either after that - but the mate I went with had had enough, so I sent him down for photog duties for the last run (as I actually remembered to ask for once!).

The highball was a blast and is so damn quick on anything you can pump on - though I did have it very crossed up a couple of times asking a bit much of the Rekon Race rear under brakes! :p though Very forgiving bike to ride, and was surprised with how well the other Rekon Race performed as a front tyre. Highly recommend these tyres for hardpack. Roll well and grip far better than they have a right too.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Rode it!

View attachment 369081

View attachment 369082

Been trying to get the bike fitness back up before they release us Melburnians out into the wild again, so have hit up Footscray/Quarry Park trails up the last two weekends. Being urban based - the trails are very short (but good fun), though are perfect to clear the cobwebs out. I took the Waltly out last weekend, and the Highball (formally known as @Scotty675's) out for a single-speed session this time.

Surprised myself to be honest, I thought with my very average fitness I'd manage about 3-5 unbroken climbs, then probably push parts of the next few (these are not long or especially steep climbs, but I was being realistic). Got about 9 climbs in unbroken into a (in)decent headwind, and pushed up one more. Wasn't actually too wrecked either after that - but the mate I went with had had enough, so I sent him down for photog duties for the last run (as I actually remembered to ask for once!).

The highball was a blast and is so damn quick on anything you can pump on - though I did have it very crossed up a couple of times asking a bit much of the Rekon Race rear under brakes! :p though Very forgiving bike to ride, and was surprised with how well the other Rekon Race performed as a front tyre. Highly recommend these tyres for hardpack. Roll well and grip far better than they have a right too.
Just about to open that throttle hard in the second pic ;)

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
though I did have it very crossed up a couple of times asking a bit much of the Rekon Race rear under brakes! :p though Very forgiving bike to ride, and was surprised with how well the other Rekon Race performed as a front tyre. Highly recommend these tyres for hardpack. Roll well and grip far better than they have a right too.
I'm very tempted to try the Max is Kool Aide, but I'm too in love with the Vittorias, which are marginally cheaper too

beeb

Just about to open that throttle hard in the second pic ;)
Took the run down (first pic), he only took the one shot, so he goes"Push up for one more, and stick your elbow out more!" Haha, okay boss.

Wish he realised he could've taken more than one shot and had followed the action after the first one as I overcooked it somethign shocking into the (immediately after) left-hander and had the bike tipped over, foot-out and down, and the back wheel sliding and skipping along, haha. It was fun, but heart in mouth ad ooooh so close to coming round on me! :p

beeb

I'm very tempted to try the Max is Kool Aide, but I'm too in love with the Vittorias, which are marginally cheaper too
Often hear good things about them and would like to try them one day, but everytime I see them there's only one in stock (and not the one I'm after) or are randomly expensive, etc... And I've run enough Maxxis now that I know what tread patterns, casings and compounds I prefer so it's easier for me to stick with them than to have to relearn with other manufacturers products!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Often hear good things about them and would like to try them one day, but everytime I see them there's only one in stock (and not the one I'm after) or are randomly expensive, etc... And I've run enough Maxxis now that I know what tread patterns, casings and compounds I prefer so it's easier for me to stick with them than to have to relearn with other manufacturers products!
Fair call. I'm the same with Maxxis/Schwalbe. Sizing can be tricky with Vittoria, 2.25s are plentiful, 2.35s not so much

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
The local distributor is GKA Sports and they do have their own internet shopfront. That said...I used the Vittoria gear in Mildura too (there is nothing a Saguaro or Mezcal tyre can't do at Coomie unless it has rained) and they hasn't transferred quite so well to the sandstone country. Grips but they also hang on to the pebbles and broken bits rather than the ground underneath!