What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Had an idea last rainy weekend to build a small ramp for fun. Problem was my guys had taken the work van over the weekend for a job up north.
I had most of the materials but no tools. So today after work with the right gear I took a quick stab at it.

I Didn’t have any 12mm ply on hand though so used 16, which became an issue for flexing into the radius. Working solo there was no way my weight was going to put enough on it to flex.... but I did have the work van!

It sends pretty good too!

I’ve left the end open for now, plan is to make a little roll down detail for the kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So work continued today on the ramp of dreams....

Kids pitched in and we got it ready to send!

Also made it modular so it interlocks and comes apart to make a gap jump. Plus added some holes for easy handling and a touch of weight reduction.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland

Also made it modular so it interlocks and comes apart to make a gap jump. Plus added some holes for easy handling and a touch of weight reduction.

That's wicked

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Neighbour's been bugging me with Gumtree bike ads so he can join the cycling fraternity, told him about the COVID-tax & finally we settled on this Jamis for $300:

'Sactually in excellent nick, look - the forks work, the gears work, the brakes work, no rust, no scratches. Yeah cable discs but they pull up just fine.

I swapped out the bar/stem with an old set of wider Ritchey carbon bars & a short stem I had lying about. And gave it a good service.

He's a happy chappy & should be!

Jpez

Down on the left!

All aboard the mullet train!

TLDR? Got my bike ready for its first proper ride tomorrow after 6 months of sitting in pieces. fuku COVID.

With 6 months up my sleeve you’d think I’d have it all sorted by now ready for regional travel opening up tomorrow but noooooooooo not me.
It was still in pieces this morning after being stripped for a good going over. So with a marathon effort today it’s had,
New 29 lyric and DT front wheel with sexy shiny hope hub installed,
New to me set of Codes, thanks @Mclovin
New Bottom bracket
New cassette and chain
New 200 rear rotor
Put an anodised stripped 50mm RF stem and 800 chromag bars back on,
DT Swiss upgrade star ratchet,
New pedal pins
New gear cables
New Michellen Wild enduros front and rear
And new Deity grips.
Now I just have to see if I remember how to ride the bloody thing.

Last edited:

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Got in two laps at Wylde.

Pretty busy there today as most weekends. The pump track is very kid infested. Good for them. Keen to see what Wylde v2.0 will look like too.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out

I did the same with their skate ramps, probably cost me more on marine ply than it would to have bought them but the 2 days bonding and watching them build them was worth it 10 times over.

Massive dad points there :)

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I did the same with their skate ramps, probably cost me more on marine ply than it would to have bought them but the 2 days bonding and watching them build them was worth it 10 times over.

Massive dad points there :)
I didn’t shell out for marine ply, but I can see the advantages of it. Almost everything we used was left over from work. Overall the project was a lot of fun, the girls even ended up with favorite power tools. Oldest loved the cordless router for making everything smooth and youngest like the planer as she could make nests out of the shavings!

Best part was after sessioning it for most of the arvo we all went on a single track ride and the oldest was smashing features and climbs she normally balks at. Having hit the ramp has given her a new level of confidence - “I can do this easy”

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Best part was after sessioning it for most of the arvo we all went on a single track ride and the oldest was smashing features and climbs she normally balks at. Having hit the ramp has given her a new level of confidence - “I can do this easy”
Funny part is, with adults, those big 'I can do it easy' balls usually end up shrunk, quick smart.

Kids seem to get it pretty quickly and get away with it. Good on them :p

nathanm

Eats Squid
bought the step-son Jack an excellent condition Giant Yukon SE dually for $450. The poor seller had never heard of Covid Tax bought it 4 minutes after it was listed online.

just gotta resist the temptation to flip it and make myself another $500