What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I really like adding Junction into the trail mix for a bit of variety. It's a bit different to the other trails in that it's a little more natural (less bermy) with a good mix of rocky bits, tight switchbacks and open flowy stuff. This time felt a bit weird though (aside from having not ridden proper trails in months) because I couldn't remember any of the lines in the rocky bits. Bit nerve-wracking when you're thinking to yourself "I think this is the ledge I need to hang right and can roll the exit out of..." but not being 100% sure! Haha. Took a couple of iffy lines, but nothing bit me so happy days.
Boulder is a bit like that as well. I've found a bit of love or hate goes on with Boulder.

The full Junction trail is a good one for sure. So varied, lots of good stuff.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mornings are for wake and bake laps not rebuilding wheels in a car park.
At least you could get an identical rim on the day and do the "rim transplant" method (as I call it) it's pretty quick compared to starting from scratch. A lotta people would have had to pack it in for the day...

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Early one at the Youies. Knee and hip weren't feeling it so I mainly worked on my turns, including multiple trips down track 11(?)) so I could finally nail those 3 swtichbacks in a row without needing to dab. Managed to post my 2nd fastest Lactic Acid time as well which surprised the hell out of me. First time in a long time that I did 'proper' mountain-biking on flat pedals; felt really good except for one section in Cresseys where I got myself into a bit of trouble.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Biggest boy band in a while. Sadly Coops who was only on his third outing after a new baby hiatus didn't have enough speed hitting the first gap on Slant Six, which has grown substantially since he last rode it. Went down hard on his elbow into the pointy rocks right on the bit beside the padding and it opened him up like a stone axe.

Luckily the ex-military guys both carry good first aid kits amd patched him up for a fire trail return to the carpark. He'd be at the walk in medical centre about now waiting to be stitched up I reckon.

Edit: bike was unscathed, small scratch on the Garmin.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Biggest boy band in a while. Sadly Coops who was only on his third outing after a new baby hiatus didn't have enough speed hitting the first gap on Slant Six, which has grown substantially since he last rode it. Went down hard on his elbow into the pointy rocks right on the bit beside the padding and it opened him up like a stone axe.

Luckily the ex-military guys both carry good first aid kits amd patched him up for a fire trail return to the carpark. He'd be at the walk in medical centre about now waiting to be stitched up I reckon.

View attachment 369802

View attachment 369803

Edit: bike was unscathed, small scratch on the Garmin.
Ouch! that dirty shoulder reminds me of something.

Best boy band photo yet haha

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Biggest boy band in a while. Sadly Coops who was only on his third outing after a new baby hiatus didn't have enough speed hitting the first gap on Slant Six
Good to hear that man and bike are ok.

Post makes me realise that I've never been down Slant Six - how do you find it?

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Good to hear that man and bike are ok.

Post makes me realise that I've never been down Slant Six - how do you find it?
Locate it or do I like it? I'll answer both. Can come up to it off Wattle Happen/BlackBerry or left off Luge at the half way point.

I really like it, there's a cool rock rollover that doesn't look like part of the trail just after the entry, a little pinch climb with a couple of switchbacks and two gaps with rock launches on the downhill part. Going back past the first one today it's a decent gap looking from the side, doesn't feel as big as it looks. The whole trail is in a bit of a gully.

Just heard mate has 5 stitches and no nerve damage.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Locate it or do I like it? I'll answer both. Can come up to it off Wattle Happen/BlackBerry or left off Luge at the half way point.

I really like it, there's a cool rock rollover that doesn't look like part of the trail just after the entry, a little pinch climb with a couple of switchbacks and two gaps with rock launches on the downhill part. Going back past the first one today it's a decent gap looking from the side, doesn't feel as big as it looks. The whole trail is in a bit of a gully.

Yeah, was asking where it is, I've never been down it for whatever reason. Probably because I rarely ride down the front nowadays, and I must say I don't remember ever seeing an option half way down luge.

Sounds lucky for your mate, could have been worse! No doubles for me anyway haha.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
fuckn trail bikes in a bike park. I should’ve just brought my clapped out 26 dh bike :(
Mornings are for wake and bake laps not rebuilding wheels in a car park.

View attachment 369800
You don't keep a hammer in the car? Fucking wierd.

07:30 Ripmo squared ride:

http://instagr.am/p/CIHHMTQnHwG/

Hot already. Included a ripper end-of-handlebar-tree ragdoll crash on a section of trail I've not binned it on for years. It hurt!
Those close trees create an ominous doom vibe.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Tweaked up an old design for new MTB wheels. Nextie made me a set of 24h road tubeless rims a few years back with a gloss black 'N' wrapped over the the matte rim. Have sent him the revised design... bloody easier to get custom carbon rims made than order alu rims at the moment.

Its a subtle decal, not very noticeable unless laid flat with the sun on it. A bit of dust or dirt and they will look like plain black rims.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Slack day today... Sue’s not keen on riding trails with lots of Bros bearing down... and Forrest had filled up overnight. So we headed to the coast and rode Aire River, a ton of sand, might camp there down the track. Some guys had caught some ripper bream kayaking, so I could do that for sure.

On the way back she dropped me at the top of Red Carpet... and that was ace. Then we both rode Roller Coaster, Third Time Lucky and headed back to camp on Forrest Loop.

Raining like Billyo right now...

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy

Those are rookie numbers! Glad to hear he is doing ok, I got 12 external stitches plus a bunch of internal on my gash. Was he wearing elbow pads? Presume not, noticed your boy band a lot are wearing elbows, any comments on if too hot or restrictive?